Please note that we will move to our brand new offices in Waltham, located in 152 Grove St, Waltham, MA 02453 around March 2021
About the role
The Senior Marketing Manager, Regional Marketing will play a key role in defining our marketing strategies for a selection of critical customer accounts through the development of Account-Based Marketing (ABM) activities. The focus of this role will be to define, execute and report on tailored, account-centric marketing plans with an end goal of increasing account engagement, driving adoption and facilitating expansion of our solutions and services within a small portfolio of large accounts in a 1:1 or 1:few manner. This person will develop exciting strategic marketing programs to drive demand and lead generation supporting the sales initiatives and business objectives while liaising across the global Marketing and Sales.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with sales to drive account based marketing campaigns and programs to build the sales pipeline at named accounts.
- Lead account-specific marketing planning aligned to business and account strategies, industry and sector focus areas, and client growth opportunities.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of highly effective and visible multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs.
- Development of lead gen campaigns which target specific consumer profiles yielding opportunities of higher value and focus on disease and research areas.
- Identify and deliver campaigns supporting regional market opportunities.
- Work with global marketing teams to support regional implementation of campaigns and new products to market.
- Leverage experience and an iterative approach to build repeatable and scalable processes, vendor relationships and efficiency.
- Manage and allocate program budget across the right mix of channels and tactics, with data-driven and subjective results.
- Measure and improve return on investment (ROI) of marketing efforts.
- Proactively interface with account leadership and account team members in strategic discussions to coordinate, facilitate, and optimize the impact and alignment of marketing activities.
- Manage a marketing specialist to support delivery of objectives.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.) in biological sciences or equivalent
- 3-5 years’+ experience in a marketing role at a life science company
- Extensive experience using MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience working with a marketing automation platform
- Previous experience working with customers, field sales and support etc
- Demonstrated knowledge of on-line and off-line marketing tactics
- Ability to meet scheduled deliverables and timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast changing, team environment in cross functional teams
- MBA preferred
- 4+ years hand on research experience in an academic or industry life sciences laboratory
- Good working knowledge of operations and workflows in life sciences research with reagents, instruments and relevant applications
- Proven experience in growing new markets; some experience or proven understanding of antibody reagents market; knowledge of antibody related technologies or IHC diagnostics laboratory workflow & needs would be highly beneficial
- Office Setting 80-85%
- Domestic and International Travel 15-20% - for Trade
- Shows/Conferences/Customer Visits/Interoffice Visits
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.