Join a big-five publisher and be part of our mission to inspire the world. The Zondervan Books Sr. Marketing Manager is a strategic and tactical leader in planning and managing marketing activities for frontlist books and select backlist titles. This position will lead the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns for several key authors. These comprehensive campaigns for assigned titles include (but are not limited to) marketing positioning, consumer messaging, media planning and buying, social media strategy, live events, budgeting, and ROI analysis for each campaign. In partnership with authors, agents, editors, vendors, retail sales and other team members, the Sr. Marketing Manager applies an integrated approach to meet sales goals.
Our ideal candidate is a marketing innovator, an excellent communicator who inspires trust and confidence in internal and external stakeholders, and a seasoned marketing leader capable of growing author brands and handling multiple projects all at different stages in the marketing cycle with confidence and passion.
- Develop strategies, goals, objectives to meet/exceed sales projections and to grow author brands
- Clearly articulate and communicate the vision, purpose, and product/product suite positioning for each title and/or brand
- Work with cross-functional partners including publishing, sales, research/consumer insights, supply chain, production, finance, and others to deliver winning consumer and customer plans via strong marketing strategy, including but not limited to social media, promotional and content videos, advertising, and publicity
- Proactively guide the earned media conversation with select books
- Manages author/agent relationships and delivers timely, clear and concise communication/responses to all author/agent inquiries
- Create mutually beneficial relationships with trade marketers, publicists, authors, & agents
- Review and provide input on select manuscript submissions ensuring the voice of the consumer is heard in acquisitions; participate in editorial discussions regarding direction of new book acquisition, as needed and directed by the VP of Marketing
- As necessary and with assistance from consumer insights team, lead research efforts to mine key consumer and competitive insights and identify evolving trends that will guide and inform brand, product, packaging, and marketing strategies
- Provide clear leadership for external stakeholders such as creative agencies, freelancers, etc.
- Manage agency relationships to ensure communication strategies, plans, and tactics are executed properly
- Participate in sales conference, executive team and potential external partner presentations Proactively participate in weekly marketing meetings
- Manage fiscal year marketing and publicity budget for assigned projects
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 5-6+ years of experience in marketing or related field
- Experience in creating and executing marketing strategy
- Experience working with and giving direction to outside design firms/creative agencies, preferred
- Experience in presentations to small and large groups
- Project Management experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in Marketing, Communications, or related field
Required: Understanding of marketing, brand management, and publicity, knowledgeable in digital marketing & analytics best practices.
Preferred: Experience in client-service role. Existing relationships with advertising reps and media outlets. Some familiarity with publishing industry a plus.
- Strong communication skills – both external communication to potential readers, as well as internal communication to facilitate the planning & execution of marketing strategies with core constituents including authors & agents.
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects. Strong organizational, time management skills with attention to detail. Must be able to work independently under tight deadlines and possess the skill to set priorities and problem solve.
- Teamwork – this role develops integrated marketing plans and works cross-functionally with various team members throughout the organization.
- Technical proficiency with marketing tools and programs.
HarperCollins Christian Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.