Being "Wonderful" goes beyond our consumer promise of growing and distributing high-quality fruits, nuts and other products to customers around the world. We also strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through a wide range of philanthropic activities focused on investing in and collaborating with the communities where our employees live and work. We're proud of the difference we've made in the areas of education, community development, health and wellness, and sustainability, particularly in California's Central Valley. Helping tell the story of The Wonderful Company's rich legacy of giving back is where you can play a key role.
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager with a strong pulse on social media to support our broad social impact efforts for Wonderful Education, Wonderful Philanthropy, and Wonderful Health and Wellness initiatives. This person must have prior experience with managing at least one direct report (approving time off, developing goals, conducting annual performance reviews, etc.) This position will be based in Los Angeles, with travel to the Central Valley of California, as needed (percent of travel will fluctuate based on program needs).
Here's what you'll do:
* Develop social media strategy and oversee all related content development.
* Help manage the Wonderful Education website and social media platforms.
* Track, manage and optimize social media performance and engagement metrics.
* Develop digital platform calendar to align with marketing strategy.
* Support Wonderful Education program directors with all marketing needs, including strategy and development of a broad range of marketing materials.
* Partner with the company's internal creative agency to develop flyers, posters, signage, event materials and presentations to support efforts for Wonderful Education, Wonderful Health & Wellness and Wonderful Philanthropy.
* Provide direction to a Graphic Design Associate for development of graphics for social media - and any variety of quick-turnaround creative needs that will be handled by the internal marketing team.
* Maintain "traffic schedule" of all timelines and deliverables to ensure program needs and deadlines are met when collaborating with other groups (Agency, Corporate Communications, Market Research/Insights or Events).
* Support Wonderful Education program directors and The Wonderful Company's events team to coordinate logistics for all Wonderful Education events, including VIP tours, speakers and assemblies, recruitment activities, scholarship workshops, banquets, and college fair activities.
* Source printing and vendors within timeline and budget parameters for all event marketing needs including invitations, signage, etc.
* Directly manage and provide direction to a Marketing Manager regarding projects they manage.
* Manage general tasks, which may include budgets, vendor relations or other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a concentration in Marketing.
* 7 years of experience in marketing (digital, social media, and traditional) -- with a strong knowledge of social media marketing, in particular.
* Prior experience with managing at least one official direct report (approving time off, developing goals, conducting annual performance reviews, etc.)
* Outstanding written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
* A strong eye for evaluating design with the ability to provide thoughtful direction.
* Experience using SquareSpace.
* Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
* Capable of balancing multiple tasks and multiple stakeholders, while meeting deadlines.
* Ability to see the big picture with willingness to "roll up sleeves" and do whatever it takes.
* Creative and resourceful out-of-the-box thinking.
* Fluency in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
* Ability to travel to the Central Valley, as needed.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership options.
* On-site subsidized high-end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
* Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com), allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Free tobacco cessation programs.
* Work-Life integration.
* All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office!
* Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
* We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled