Position Title: Senior Marketing Specialist
Location: Herndon, VA
Are you a Senior Marketing Specialist looking for your next challenge? In this role, you will report to the VP of Sales and Marketing to develop and execute a strategy to raise brand awareness, and engage and identify promising accounts and markets. You will have experience with digital advertising and lead/demand generation efforts at all stages of the funnel; leveraging your analytical skills and talents to help us grow to the next level. In addition, you are passionate about creating the innovative campaigns that drive sales results. You love details, numbers and enjoy working in a quick-changing environment.
Why Us? Exostar is a leader in cloud-based software solutions for identity and access management, trusted secure collaboration and supply chain management. We were formed as a joint venture of the Aerospace & Defense (A&D) and commercial aviation industries leaders - BAE Systems, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Rolls-Royce; to solve mission critical problems in trusted, secure collaboration. Exostar also provides solutions for the health care and life sciences industries with leaders such as Merck. Today, Exostar connects and enables over 220,000 organizations in more than 175 countries worldwide.
Our ideal candidate will be a hard driving, enthusiastic Senior Marketing Specialist with knowledge and experience operating in B2B technology markets. If you have experience in Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace & Defense, or Identity & Access Management, Cyber Security and you are ready to join a rapidly growing team, and have fun going on a fantastic ride while doing it, we want to talk with you.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Design and implement a strategy focused on multi-channel demand generation and digital advertising — including but not limited to customer discovery, e-mail campaigns, digital advertising, social campaigns, website programs, selling techniques, promotions, events, seminars, and customer success stories
- Build and run campaigns (email nurtures, events, account-based marketing, webinars, client communication)
- Leveraging processes and tools, manage and grow the Marketing database, including integrity, enrichment, build out, and targeting/segmentation approach
- Optimize lead scoring methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales
- Develop a set of dashboards/reports that communicate market campaign effectiveness
- Establish metrics for revenue, conversions, and signups, ensuring KPIs are achieved
- Construct key marketing reporting mechanisms, including weekly and quarterly dashboards, reports and funnel metrics to measure inbound and outbound campaign performance, identify trends and measure ROI
- Define the marketing campaign roadmap, ensuring successful engagement and pull through to sales
- Collaborate across organization to help build scalable marketing processes and integrated systems, providing a means for highly effective measurement recommendations, trend reporting and accurate forecasting
- Partner with Marketing and Sales leadership to evaluate campaign effectiveness, integrated campaign ROI/analysis, identify segments and audiences with biggest potential, lead scoring, lifecycle nurture effectiveness
- Regularly inform stakeholders across marketing, sales, and finance of insights on marketing performance to ensure cross-functional alignment on the best possible data-driven marketing strategy.
- Track and report on the entire marketing funnel including volume, velocity, conversion stage-to-stage, and average value
- Build and maintain infrastructure for outbound marketing
- Work closely with sales operations to manage and improve existing lead-to-close process
- Identify market segment opportunities, lead the development of customer personas and journeys, and devise tailored delivery strategies for each
- Develop qualitative and quantitative digital marketing performance goals for SEM, marketing, e-mail, social, and display advertising campaigns, and provide monthly reports to leadership on their performance
- Coordinate with Product Marketing teams to craft engaging pieces of continent for online distribution
- Identify and manage outside lead generation vendors, as required for demand generation initiatives
- Implement A/B testing practices to improve performance on ad campaigns, webpages, and e-mail campaigns used for demand generation
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of experience in a Senior Marketing role, ideally in a SaaS environment with relevant experience in the aerospace & defense or life sciences industries
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field.
- Deep understanding of marketing technology - Marketing Cloud, SFDC, marketing automation, CMS, ABM, email tools, etc. Highly motivated, collaborative, and a deep passion for success
- Passion for marketing metrics and process improvement
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements
- Superior analytical capabilities and the ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
- Able to solve problems / meet goals in creative ways with limited resources
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, and is comfortable working under tight deadline pressure
- Previous experience working across Marketing and Sales to define and develop scalable business processes & programs designed to drive revenue
- Experience working closely with senior executives to tackle challenging business problems
- Must have strong analytical skills and proficiency with building strategic marketing and commercial plans that drive topline and bottom line growth
- Must be extremely organized, able to work simultaneously on a diverse range of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the development and presentation of strategy, plans and creative briefs. Able to lead marketing initiatives across teams, and departments, from big ideas down to plan strategies and tactics
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, In Design or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Be fluent in digital marketing ecosystem and technologies including data analytics and measurement platforms and tools
- Ability to identify and launch innovative marketing channels and generate high-quality traffic
- Strong creativity and passion for creating responsive, interesting content – all with an eye for detail
- Experience in a fast-pace, collaborative environment preferred
- Last but not least: a sense of humor, positive “can-do” attitude, and fun to work with
DO YOU WANT TO LOVE WHERE YOU WORK?
- Amazing Tech: Exostar is the leader in trusted, secure collaboration for the regulated industries delivering the most advanced security technology on the planet designed by the world’s most advanced security researchers and top engineering talent.
- Top Customers: The world’s leaders in Aerospace & Defense and Life Sciences & Healthcare depend on Exostar’s solutions for our expert products and services.
- Great Team: Smart, driven people powered by craftsmanship, leadership and teamwork at the core.
- Get Things Done: At Exostar, we move fast and with purpose to ensure, our customers are always protected.
Benefits: In addition to competitive compensation, full-time employees can participate in our health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401k with company matching, Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, company paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance, PTO and more.
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.