Job Code: N157
Title: Senior, Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK (Tinker AFB)
Are you looking for a rewarding and impactful new opportunity? Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior, Mechanical Design Engineer supporting the AF Nuclear Weapons Center Nuclear Weapons Acquisition Division, AFLCMC/NDB, Tinker AFB OK. This Division has responsibility for developing, testing, and producing systems and components related to nuclear strategic weapon systems for our nation's warfighters. These products include the B61-12 Tailkit Assembly and the LRSO cruise missile.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Perform engineering tasks in support of development activities including requirements definition, design, integration, test, and transition to operations for the B-52.
- Provide a wide range of recommended solution sets for capabilities integration planning.
- Technical evaluations/plans; engineering studies, reports and analyses; and acquisition strategies/plans such as: Initial Capabilities Document (ICD); System Requirements Document (SRD); System Specification; RFPs; System Engineering Plan (SEP); Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP); Information Support Plan (ISP); Program Protection Plan (PPP); Technology Assessment/Control Plan (TA/CP); Information Assurance Strategy (IAS); Security Classification Guide (SCG); Consideration of Technology Issues; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Survivability Assessments; Spectrum Supportability Determination; ; ICD;
- Airworthiness directives and assist in platform approval and certification; and other program/technical documents as required.
- Development and evaluation of IMP, IMS, and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
- Support project team meetings, working groups, and reviews as needed, such as SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, TCM, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), Production Readiness Reviews (PRR), PMR, and other meetings/working groups/reviews as applicable.
- US Citizen
- Current Active Secret clearance (updated within six years)
- CSSE -BS in Computer Science or SW Engineering +15 years’ experience; or Master’s in Computer Science or SW Engineering, Ph.D. in Computer Science or SW Engineering +5 years’ experience
- APE – MS in Mechanical Engineering +15 years’ experience; or Ph.D. +5 years’ experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Travel required
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.