Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Are you a Mechanical Designer with HVAC and pluming experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
The Phoenix, AZ office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a senior-level Mechanical Drafter/Designer candidate with advanced computer aided design (CAD) skills and meaningful experience in infrastructure HVAC and Plumbing system design to support the Infrastructure Branch Mechanical Group. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings for HVAC, plumbing, and energy systems for new and/or retrofit buildings. The position may also support other specialty disciplines and infrastructure projects. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment. Our ideal candidate is a professional that seeks challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference
- Support HVAC, Energy and Plumbing system drawing development, projects, and clients with accurate analysis, drafting and design
- Develop schematics, P&ID’s, plan drawings, elevation views, section views, and installation details
- Will travel to field assignments in Arizona and the US to conduct field verification of designs prior to, during, and after construction; Travel time is estimated to be variable throughout the year but amounting to no more than 25% time
- Develop building/load simulation modeling using Trane Trace
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD and BIM standards
- Strong commitment to company’s Beyond Zero safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate of Science (AS) degree in drafting/CAD technology or similar required
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering a plus
- A minimum of 8 years of experience preparing design drawings (using Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit) related to mechanical and plumbing construction plan development
- Must have HVAC and Plumbing system design/drafting experience
- Must have experience with Revit and AutoCAD
- Able to conduct field verification of designs prior to, during, and after construction
- Flexibility to work and travel outside normal business hours as required
- Familiarity with building codes, mechanical codes, plumbing codes and ASHRAE standards
- Coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines, equipment vendors, and installation contractors
- Able to help select system equipment and components when needed
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must pass drug test, fit-for-duty exam, background check and must have a valid Arizona drivers license
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.