EPAM Continuum is looking for an exceptional Senior Mechanical Engineer to join its multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and strategists to work in our Boston office’s Technology Practice.
Who We Are:
EPAM Continuum is a global design and innovation consultancy that creates products, services, and experiences that work for people and the businesses that serve them. The Technology Practice focuses on innovation at the intersection of technology, engineered systems, and human-centered design. Working with companies from startup technology ventures to global manufacturers, EPAM Continuum creates technology-based products and systems that are valued by people and transform businesses.
EPAM Continuum has more than 150 full-time employees, working out of three offices around the world. The team is made up of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural professionals with diverse experiences, including anthropologists, architects, business strategists, economists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, psychologists and designers. Since 1983, EPAM Continuum has created meaningful design solutions for companies and organizations worldwide, including Mindray, Respironics, Johnson and Johnson, Herman Miller, NIH, Avedro, Insulet, Amplifon, and Affymetrix. Mechanical Engineering is a core capability within our business.
EPAM Continuum projects span the consumer, medical, and industrial segments and include a broad range of mechanical engineering content.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an exceptional engineer with 5-10 years of engineering experience that has exposed you to a variety of industries, applications, technologies, and projects. Your skills demonstrate a broad base of practical knowledge, but you have the ability to ‘go theoretical’ to attain the necessary results.
- You are curious and build knowledge in new technologies, industries, and business models deeply and quickly.
- You learn and adapt with creativity. You are energetic and passionate about solving problems and may even lead others to innovate.
- You are passionate about the big picture. You know how to design and build for context and may be able to guide a team to design for system-wide constraints.
- Your work pace is fast, but you are thorough about the details. Being hands-on, you love getting your hands dirty and being shoulder to shoulder on the front lines of a project.
- You know what drives quality in the real world and have the design, documentation, and communication skills to maintain quality within an agile and diverse work environment.
- You know how to verify that you’ve produced real results and may be able to orchestrate a team to achieve real results.
- You nurture your network. You communicate with impact and influence others positively. You communicate effectively, and you relate well with people and build partnerships. You’re able to provide feedback that helps develop your associates.
Experience in the following areas are required for consideration:
- BSME or equivalent from an accredited engineering program. An advanced degree or specialized industry experience (e.g. high-volume manufacturing, materials, medical devices) is a plus.
- 5-10 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Experienced to expert level 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks)
- Strong background with various manufacturing processes
- Experience designing and executing proof-of-concept prototypes through integrated alpha designs
- Strong theoretical mechanical engineering background
Exceptional candidates will also have demonstrated experience in many of the areas below:
- Design for Injection Mold
- Material Research and Selection
- Mechanism Design
- Experiment Design
- Electromechanical System Design
- Ergonomics and Interaction
- Machine Vision
- Dynamics (design for motion/acceleration/deceleration/impact)
- Dimension and Tolerance study
- Systems Engineering
- Thermal Analysis/Flow Simulation
- Statistics/Data Analysis
- Sheetmetal Design
- Machined Part Design
- Structural Frame Design
- DFM – Design for Manufacturing
- Applied safety standards, IEC-61010, IEC-60601 or equivalent
- Physical Prototyping at the appropriate level of fidelity
In addition, the following non-technical areas will be important:
- Ability to write clearly and effectively for proposals, promoting skills of the department in technical and non-technical areas
- Ability to speak with prospective clients and convey the strengths of
- Ability to answer questions in a clear manner
- Ability to develop a project schedule with realistic timelines, resourcing, and granular feature set
- Ability to manage risk as it relates to the project timeline
- Ability to communicate risks to managers in a timely manner
- Ability to interview, hire, and manage contractors
- Driven to document thoroughly and facilitate work-product re-integration within our clients’ organizations
In addition to a resume, please also include any current or recent work examples in a link to an online portfolio or attached PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
EPAM Continuum is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.