NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
Our busy, growing Boston, MA office is recruiting an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide technical leadership for the mechanical team and oversee development and quality review of plans, specifications, reports, and cost estimates on a number of concurrent projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will participate in project pursuit interviews and discuss system concept options with the client in the early stages of the design process. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will interact positively with clients and develop relationships. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will mentor more junior engineers and designers.
Ideal candidates will have 10+ years of relevant experience and PE registration. Project experience and relationships in the healthcare, science & technology, higher education, corporate, and government markets are highly valued.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts by developing project approach, scope of services and budgets based on similar project experience and historical budgeting information, and by participating in client interviews.
- Assists Group Leader with project planning, managing schedules, and budgets to complete work on time and profitably.
- Plays major role in conceptualizing design of the project.
- Visits project sites to confirm existing conditions, gather information, meet with clients, and observe construction; overnight travel may be required.
- Conducts quality control review of responsible HVAC Engineer’s design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Is able to lead the design of unique and complex projects.
- Diagnoses system performance problems, prepare course of action, and implement the course of action to provide an appropriate solution or resolution to the problem.
- Maintains knowledge of current building codes.
- Develops the design, Construction Documents and cost estimates for a limited number of concurrent projects.
- Interfaces positively with clients and must have good interpersonal skills.
- Performs calculations as well as operates various software packages related to various portions of the design package.
- Specifies engineering systems based on project parameters.
- Prepares studies, drawings or sketches as required.
- Performs whatever small tasks need to be done from time to time to assist the office in meeting deliverable commitments.
- Must be a graduate from an ABET-accredited engineering curriculum with a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have at least ten (10) years of acceptable engineering experience in the consulting engineering field including developing plans and specifications.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of HVAC design.
- Ability to also design Plumbing systems is valued.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use AutoCAD MEP productively is valued.
- Ability to use Revit productively is highly valued.
- EIT required
- PE required
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.