Are you interested in working as a Senior Mechanical Engineer? Do you have a passion for HVAC work and providing engineering services to biopharma facilities? We are actively looking for a new Senior Mechanical Engineer at Eichleay that will provide engineering support across a variety of projects, which can include full-service design, consulting, engineering, procurement, project management, system integration, and construction management services. In this role you will be based in our company headquarters located in our Concord, CA office reporting into the Mechanical Department Manager.
Due to COVID-19 our Concord office is temporarily closed. This position will be based from a home office until we reopen this location. Candidates seeking to work remotely should be aware this position may require visits to client locations in the Concord/East Bay area.
Your thorough knowledge of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills will be valued at Eichleay. Do you enjoy being responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria? Your passion to devise new approaches to problems will be key to your success. In this role you will prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Eichleay standards.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Perform HVAC system design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Ensure HVAC system project specifications.
- Ability to provide support and/or create the HVAC system portion of project proposals.
- Provide the HVAC system portion of project cost estimates.
- HVAC system layout and detailing of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer.
- Produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
- Research design options and document findings and review shop drawings.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, civil/structural, electrical, etc.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Attend and participate in Client and Eichleay meetings.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a mechanical engineering, and 6+ years of experience with advanced knowledge in HVAC system engineering.
- Competency in CAD design processes including AutoCAD and 3D design software.
- Working experience in the Bio-pharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical space
- Experience working with laboratory design, clean room environments and retrofit projects.
- Experience working with multiple discipline projects in a technical facilities environment.
- Thorough design knowledge of air handling systems, hydronics, steam distribution, boilers, cooling towers, and other equipment for critical environments.
- Experience with HVAC Load Calculation Software (Carrier HAP or equivalent).
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Codes, California Title 24 Building Standards including Energy Efficiency Standards, ASHRAE and ASME standards.
- California licensed PE highly preferred.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility or site for an extended period. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside Eichleay’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Eichleay and/or Client as required.
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.