II-VI Aerospace & Defense designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VIAerospace & Defense has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Aerospace & Defense has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Supports Program Management, Engineering and Operations with technical guidance and coordination related to mechanical design, CNC programming, and manufacturing processes for assigned projects. Responsible to provide tooling design support to new and existing projects. Helps design and develop assembly and testing procedures for new projects and associated procedures. Trouble-shoots existing designs and processes to determine points of improvement. Develops (with other Engineering and Operations personnel) and critiques manufacturing processes and engineering designs. Assists Engineering in determining whether design concepts are manufacturable. Actively participates with technical teams for design and configuration of necessary test, development and trouble-shooting efforts to support assigned programs. Responsible for assisting the Estimation group in preparing proposals and quotations for proposed work. Additional administrative, documentation, and technical support to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager is also expected.
Minimum BS in engineering or related discipline, preferably in mechanical engineering.
At least 6-20 years of experience in mechanical design using CAD software. Experience in CNC programming is desired.
1. Strong verbal and written technical communication skills.
2. Strong mechanical design skills with CAD software.
3. Familiarity with CNC programming using CAM software.
4. Familiarity with FEA.
5. Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
6. Must be capable of reading blueprints.
7. Experience in metal machining and conventional optical fabrication technologies (grinding, polishing, coating, testing) is desired.
8. Experience in process design, development and technical planning is desired.
9. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Familiarity with analytical tools used for problem solving and process development, including DOE.
10. Experience in preparing and maintaining drawings, procedures, work instructions and Bills of Material in an environment of complete document and configuration control is desired.
11. Strong organizational skills and attention to details required.
"II-VI Aerospace & Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."