Location Name: La Palma, CA
Job/Requisition ID: 55208
Location Address: 6 Centerpointe Dr, La Palma, CA, United States (US), 90621
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Senior (11+ Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Oversees all mechanical and structural engineering issues for the department, associated with pipelines, terminal piping, pump stations and marine terminals. Associated equipment includes piping, pigging equipment, supports, structures, tanks, vessels, and rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, and motors). Must be experienced with ASME and API codes and standards, and familiar with DOT regulated pipeline requirements. Functions as the regional SME (Subject Matter Expert) for design, construction and commissioning of mechanical equipment, rotating equipment reliability, and all associated programs and documentation for pipeline and terminal integrity, engineering and reliability. Supports integrity project management, integrity management plan (IMP) implementation, and IMP documentation across all the pipelines and terminals operating areas.
- Works collaboratively with facility personnel to resolve daily and chronic reliability and maintenance issues requiring high-level expertise. Considered resident subject matter expert for mechanical issues. Coordinates root cause failure analysis on significant mechanical equipment failures.
- Manages all aspects of mechanical and structural facility integrity for pipeline and terminal assets in the West Coast region. Additionally, all aspects of multiple and concurrent engineering reviews and miscellaneous projects supporting various company sites.
- Develops reliability programs and procedures. Develops Inspection and Monitoring Programs. Implements, monitors and reports on the mechanical reliability programs. Develops and maintains metrics and key performance indicators relative to mechanical integrity and reliability programs.
- Manages all aspects of integrity projects and field troubleshootin defines problems and solutions, develops scope, assesses integrity; assesses inspection data; develops repair and construction plans; provides engineering oversight and guidance for completion and commissioning.
- Documents projects in accordance with Andeavor’s Integrity Management Plan (IMP) and Specifications. Enhances IMP to maintain consistency with industry developments and government regulations.
- Maintains/updates integrity database for each project; provide input and facilitate the risk assessment process and fitness for services evaluations. Integrates historical integrity data to develop a comprehensive integrity picture of the assets being assessed.
- Develops assigned project and/or repair scope, estimate, schedule, assessment method, vendor selection, contractor selection, on-site construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight, and all other project tasks required to successfully accomplish project goals.
- Evaluates existing facilities, pipelines and equipment and proposed modifications relative to identifying material, performing hydraulic modeling, stress analysis, determining maximum operating pressure, etc.
- Develops and maintains mechanical and structural related work processes, programs and procedures. Maintains piping, mechanical and structural specifications; maintains integrity and reliability best practices and facilitates revisions.
- Develops and maintains mechanical and structural facilities historical data base, including pipelines, interconnecting piping, terminal piping and tanks; and maintains programs, procedures and engineering documents.
- Ensures maintenance of all historical mechanical and structural facilities documents and records, including designs, sizing criteria, scopes of work, as-builts, piping Alignment Sheets, Centerlines, etc., and incorporation of related updates.
- Develops cost estimates and budgets. Tracks and manages costs relative to budget.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Registered PE preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience with mechanical, facility and structural engineering with a focus in integrity management, operations, pipelines, vessels, tanks and facility design and maintenance within the pipeline and/or petroleum industry is desired.
Experience with equipment troubleshooting, management of field construction, maintenance crews, and contractors is a benefit.
- Thorough knowledge of CFR Part 195, ASME, API, NACE, OSHA, etc. codes and standards.
- Frequent travel required locally, some regional travel.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, locally and nationally.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights and weekends as role is subject to after-hours callouts.
- Ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
Andeavor salary grade 8 equivalent to MPC salary grade 12
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interests in two midstream companies, MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, which own and operate gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.