Cubic Mission Solutions
Company Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Performs complex mechanical engineering duties following designated standards and procedures. Works closely with other engineering disciplines. May perform as a project lead. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops equipment interfaces and procurement specifications.
- Designs mechanical structures, components, and subsystems.
- Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
- Performs modeling or subsystem prototype assembly.
- Prepares design and operation objectives, specifications and resource needs.
- Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment.
- Supports the interfaces with customers, contractors and marketing vendors.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings.
- Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches.
- Monitors project status and progress.
- Manages budget and schedule for mechanical engineering tasks.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in mechanical engineering techniques.
- Design Experience: Experience with the design of complex systems, mechanisms, and high-precision parts. Experienced in the design and implementation fundamentals of sheet metal, machined, composites, die cast, low/mid/high volume injection-molded plastic, thermoset plastics, elastomer, and investment cast parts for both high and low volume products. Skilled in the application of best-practice Electronic Packaging, Platform Integration, DFM, DTC, FA, Human factors Engineering, PLM (Aras Innovator) and Statistical Process Control.
- Engineering Tools: Significant experience with SolidWorks, GD&T, Ansys Mechanical, CFD and IcePak . Experience with MATLAB, MathCAD, and LabVIEW.
- Machining/Fabricating: Qualified in the hands-on precision use of common machine shop equipment such as: Mills, Lathes, Drill Presses, Grinding and Polishing Equipment, Large Shears and Punches, Sheet metal working equipment, Presses, Welding, Rapid Prototyping Machines (3D Printers). Skilled in the art of quickly fabricating working electro-mechanical and opto-mechanical prototypes, proof-of-concept demonstrators and mechanisms from a variety of materials.
- Testing Equipment: Familiar with the construction, operation, and test methodology associated with equipment such as: Environmental Chambers, Shaker Tables, Drop-Test Fixtures, Package Test Methodology, Salt-Spray Chambers, Dust-Infiltration Chambers, and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) equipment. Skilled in the design and construction of customized test equipment when needed.
- Electrical: Experience in high-precision, high criticality PCBA/CCA design/integration, RFI/EMI containment structures, DC circuits, Control systems, Experience in using common electrical test and diagnostic tools such as Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators.
- Technical Leadership: Applies hands-on approach with the ability to develop successful rapport across multiple disciplines, and at multiple levels within and outside an organization. Able to balance strong classical-engineering technical breadth with an intuitive ability to understand the feasibility of concepts not yet invented, and influence others to see and execute that vision.
Minimum Job Requirements:
This is a cleared site, candidates must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents. Four-year college degree in mechanical engineering or science discipline plus a minimum of five years of experience or a Master’s degree with three years of experience. Experience to include design, development and analysis of hardware components. Effective written and oral communication skills to include the use of typical office automation products such as word processors and spreadsheets. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products. Mental ability to perform analytical work. Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Good interpersonal skills.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.