Our mission is to protect life.
We re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete. It s a big mission, but it s one we ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Does the thought of designing devices to help save lives and make a difference in the world around you excite you? As Mechanical Engineer for Axon you will help drive safety forward this decade in a whole new way. We're disrupting the way public safety uses technology, and we need you, an innovative mechanical engineer with an eye for design, to help us take it to the next level.
Your Day to Day
- Develop innovative mechanical design solutions for wearable video and sensor products.
- Conduct feasibility studies and coordinate validation testing on whether new designs meet the product requirements.
- Use state-of-the-art CAD and analysis tools to create mechanical designs and simulate stress/strain conditions.
- Work closely with internal partners to generate all documentation and test plans necessary to ensure products meet specifications.
- Select the proper material (plastic, metal, etc) based on strength, density, thermal properties, and other important parameters.
- Ensures successful management and development of mechanical tooling and production part qualification (e. g., first-article inspections, manufacturing process capabilities (Cp/Cpk), measurement gage repeatability and reproducibility)
- Collaborate with the industrial design and human factors team to achieve aesthetic & comfort requirements.
- Audit mechanical suppliers/external partners and advise enablement plans where needed
- B. S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of mechanical and/or product design development experience of small enterprise-grade electronics products
- 5+ years of experience designing parts for high volume injection molding.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Solidworks (Pro/E etc.) for solid modeling and assembly creation
- Working knowledge of using FEA tools for simulation (Cosmos or Ansys)
- Experience with design and integration of thermal management solutions (heat sinks, pipes, etc)
- M. S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the development handheld, mobile, or wireless devices
- Experience leading mechanical development activities with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance analysis
- Experience with Asia ODM partners and manufacturing suppliers.
- Experience with optics & lenses
Competitive salary and 401K with employer match Discretionary paid time off Robust parental leave policy An award-winning office/working environment Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired And more... We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.