Senior Media and Public Relations Specialist
Plans and implements all public and media relations, editorial coverage--earned and paid--and crisis communications to leverage the ongoing story of Overlake and build the brand equity of the organization, its service lines and initiatives. Serves as communications advisor to leadership, physicians and staff, and public information officer/spokesperson for internal and external audiences
The ideal candidate will have experience leading all phases of media strategy, planning, execution, and is a proven content generator and writer for media stories, branded journalism, as well as blog, social and internal communications. Will have existing relationships with local media outlets. Strong skills in public speaking, presenting, and experience as an enterprise spokesperson. An individual with excellent time-management skills to work in a team environment with responsibility as a high-profile member of the organization is needed. Requires appreciation and tolerance of rapid change, multi-tasking, take initiative as a leader and self-confidence. Ability to work flexible and extended hours occasionally in order to meet media response requirements.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Five years of direct media relations and professional reporter-type writing experience required. Healthcare and or medical/science experience is preferred. Program and PR/communication planning and budget monitoring experience is preferred.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA com)
- Professional development
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer