Position SummarySenior Medical Records and Coding Auditor
Compass Oncology – Portland’s largest private oncology practice and a member of the US Oncology network – is looking for a Senior Medical Coding Specialist to join our team. This individual must be a certified medical coder with 5 years of experience, preferably with some chart and code auditing in previous positions. Must have a working knowledge of CMS coding and documentation rules and regulations and be able to identify and apply as they relate to professional service audits. As this position has an element of consulting and teaching to other staff and physicians, strong communication skills are an absolute must. A large portion of this role will be auditing current medical codes, so previous auditing experience is requried.
Employment Type: Full Time – 0.8 FTE (32hrs/week)
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Vancouver, WA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform paper and EMR chart audits for all providers in accordance with The US Oncology and CMS requirements.
- Ensure captured charges and billings accurately reflect the medical record according to ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and CMS guidelines.
- Coordinates, schedules, and performs the professional services documentation and coding audits of outpatient records for Compass Oncology.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of coding guidelines as they relate to services rendered such as AMA guidelines, Medicare LCD’s, commercial payor billing guidelines, coding manuals and ASTRO/ACR guidelines.
- Develop and coordinate educational and training programs regarding elements of coding such as appropriate documentation, accurate coding, coding trends found during chart reviews, third party audit findings, and annual coding updates.
- Recommends procedural improvements and training opportunities to management.
- Maintains the confidentiality of medical information contained in each record.
- Assists with other audits such as hospital visits, consultations, and others as assigned.
- Assists with US Oncology audit and compliance or reimbursement audits such as providing records, audit reports, and standard operating procedure manuals.
Experience and Education:
- High School diploma with at least five (5) years of billing, coding, and medical records experience required.
- CPC certification is required.
- Completion of required US Oncology reimbursement tutorials as required by the Compliance Department required within the first 90 days.
- Internal US Oncology Billing and Coding Integrity Program certification (BCS-M) in Medical Oncology and (BCIP) in Radiation Oncology within the first 90 days.
- Must possess a broad knowledge of managed care and HMO policies and procedures and Medicare benefits. Must possess a strong knowledge of current versions of ICD10, CPT and HCPCS.
More About The Company
The Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, gynecologic, medical, and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients, Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 75 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with five clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.