About the role
The HotPads team takes on a wide range of challenges aimed at helping consumers find their next rental home. Your role in this will be centered on the iOS development of new features and the improvement of existing features on our iOS app. Additionally, you will be reviewing the code of your peers, advocating for standard methodologies when it comes to mobile development, and participating in an inclusive, ambitious and highly cross-functional team.This includes the opportunity to:
- Build products that genuinely affect the way people find a quality place to live
- Work on initiatives that are among the highest priorities for Zillow Group
- Collaborate with multiple teams across all of our consumer brands
- Have a clear path to grow your career
- Have your ideas thoughtfully considered and potentially make it into a product
- Use modern mobile development practices
About the team
We are a small, yet highly effective engineering team made up of team members who truly care about the product and the team. We build awesome products, take on hard problems, and keep a good work-life balance. Our culture is one of our biggest strengths. We have a technology driven culture where Engineers have creative freedom to explore the best solutions to engineering challenges.
Our values permeate our core and are part of our daily life at Zillow Group: #ZGIsATeamSport, #ActWithIntegrity, #WinningIsFun, #OwnIt, #MoveFastThinkBig, #TurnOnTheLights
Who are you?
- You have 5 or more years of experience in developing iOS applications.
- You are proficient in both Objective-C and Swift, and are comfortable using both within a single project.
- You are strong believer in the best app development principles and processes (OO Design, Design Patterns, TDD, Peer reviews, Automation etc.)
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Care about quality and testing
- Energy to keep pace with our daily deployments and constant code changes
- Android experience is a plus
- You have published at least one application to the App Store. Please include a link or the published app name
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We inspire one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, extraordinary benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Many ideas are built organically, during day-to-day work, and our engineers have a process for gathering them in a central system and vetting them as a team. One of the most popular institutions within the company is Innovation Week, a company-wide week devoted to experimenting with new ideas each quarter. During Innovation Week, any employee can pitch to the larger team their ideas and recruit people to build it. Dozens of products, services, ideas and features have come to life as a result of Innovation Week.
Zillow Group’s culture is one of the company’s biggest strengths. At ZG, people treat each other with respect and compassion — cultivating a culture of collaboration, learning, accountability and fun. Our growth and success as a company is a direct result of its culture of innovation, and focus on people.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.