At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Senior Monitor, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Senior Monitor, Community Corrections assists with the day-to-day operations of the facility and is responsible for the safety and security of the facility. The Senior Monitor provides a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents. They are responsible for mentoring, training and providing developmental feedback to staff.
- Monitor daily facility operations to maintain compliance with contractual requirements, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and to ensure a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents.
- Supervise monitoring staff on the shift in the performance of their duties and evaluates performance as prescribed by facility and company policy. This includes training new employees, listening to concerns and effectively resolving disputes or issues, taking corrective or disciplinary action, and monitoring work assignments.
- Complete and review incident reports and uses discretion in issuing extra duty notices to residents. Conduct investigations and participates in hearings of rule violations, as necessary.
- Participate in inspections and audits of department operations to ensure contractual requirements and standards are met. Participate in quality control plan reviews, and develops and oversees action plans to achieve result-oriented actions.
- Communicate effectively and coherently with staff, visitors and residents by giving information and directions, mediating disputes and advising of rights and processes.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- One year of experience in a security or corrections field is required.
- Six months supervisory experience in a correctional setting is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.