The Senior Loan Officer proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Investors Home Mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
- Proactively solicit new residential mortgage business
- Maintain a quality network of business relationships that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities
- Conduct financial interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise clients of product/pricing policies and guidelines
- Take loan application and accurately gather required information from clients in order to deliver thorough and fully documented loan applications to processing on a timely basis
- Participate in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote home ownership and professional organizations
- Maintain a positive sales environment by educating potential buyers and referral sources as to the products and services offered by the company
- Cross sell other bank products and services as applicable
- Respond to customer inquiries and referrals at all stages of the overall process to ensure the borrower is a lifelong customer
- Ensure exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Achieve production goals, as established by the company
- Attend and complete all required training
- Maintain an accurate log of all sales activities and customer meetings
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced Loan Officers and/or Loan Officer Assistants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- College degree and a minimum of 4 years industry experience, along with a verifiable, established network of referral business required.
- Superior networking, sales and customer service skills are required.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks on time.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong technical skills.
- Must exhibit a polished and professional approach to work.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook and Excel required.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess current NMLS license as well as have a solid knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled