Alaska USA Mortgage Company is currently recruiting for a Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Anchorage, AK, who is responsible for underwriting all types of mortgage loans and act as delegated underwriter for conventional, FHA, VA, and RD mortgage loans as well as specialty program mortgage loans (such as HUD184, FHA203k, and State/Community bond programs).
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Responsible for the underwriting of conventional, FHA, VA, and RD mortgage loans to insure compliance with established policies and requirements.
- Serve as a delegated or direct-endorsement underwriter within the requirements established by the investor, insurer or guarantor.
- Act as trainer/mentor for Mortgage Underwriter I, II, and III positions.
- Maintain a current knowledge of existing laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, policies and procedures pertaining to real estate and mortgage lending.
- Work jointly with loan originator and processor to ensure alternative solutions are considered in order to meet both the borrower’s expectations as well as investor guidelines.
- Assist in maintenance of the credit union's list of approved appraisers within the division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to underwrite conventional, FHA, RD, VA, HUD184, Jumbo and State/Community Bond loans.
- Must have active DE CHUMS and SAR numbers; familiarity with all investor loan guidelines; and working experience with DU, LP, and GUS underwriting systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or management with advanced industry courses in real estate lending including knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations.
CREDITABLE EXPERIENCE IN LIEU OF EDUCATION:
- At least five years real estate lending industry, with at least five years underwriting experience preferable. Advanced industry courses in real estate lending recommended.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Health Care Benefits
- Matching 401k
- Paid Leave
The credit union strives to provide employees a comfortable working atmosphere, career opportunities and financial security in the form of competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs.