St. Mary's Bank is currently looking to fill a full-timeSenior Mortgage Underwriter position. This position will perform underwriting analysis on complex and government residential loans ensuring compliance with all lending regulations utilizing Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA guidelines. This includes loan decisioning including approvals, counter-offers and loan denials within current process and procedures.
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Business or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of5 years of experience in mortgage underwriting or related experience.
- Direct Endorsement Certified Underwriter preferred.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of all State and Federal compliance lending regulations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Organized and able to work independently, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer experience required, Microsoft Office, Desktop Underwriter and related experience in Mortgage Lending Software.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.