Karsun Solutions (as the prime contractor)has been awarded the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Software Solutions Delivery Services (SSD) contract. This is a single award IDIQ over a five year period of performance. We will be fulfilling the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Office of Information and Technology (AIT) requirement for technical support services to assist with the implementation and continuing support of enterprise-wide software application and database development and maintenance related activities that can be broadly categorized as solution development (new systems) and enhancement and sustainment (existing systems).
- Install, Configuring, Patching, Maintaining and Upgrading SQL Server Database Servers
- Installation and configuration of highly available clustered environment.
- Setting up of synchronization between the highly available SQL server
- Monitor and fix delays in synchronization
- Performance Tuning and Query Optimization using native SQL Server tools
- Monitor and support High Availability Database server including Availability Groups and Replication.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance and database issues impacting production databases.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
- Create functions and stored procedures to provide custom functionality as per the requirements.
- Ad-hoc query generation using T-SQL
- Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Participation in design and development of tabular data models to support primary lines of business and data analysts
- Support and assist the BI developers with data provisioning and new tool discovery
- Work with eCommerce, CRM, ERP and Mobile developers to determine data sourcing and integration needs and solution design including data flows in a hybrid on premise/cloud environment
- Minimum 8 years of SQL Server Experience in building and supporting highly available SQL databases
- Minimum 12 years of experience working as a DBA for MS-SQL databases.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in installation, configuration and administration of MS-SQL databases
- Implementing best practices around administration, backup, restore, security patching and vulnerability analysis.
- Strong experience in identifying synchronization issues with clustered environments and resolving them.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that
- Strong SQL Coding experience including unions, correlated sub-queries etc. to extract and transform data.
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- DBA experience including performance monitoring and tuning, daily process monitoring, and security administration, backups and recoveries.
- Microsoft BI Stack including Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View.
- Fast learner filled with curiosity
- Experience connecting MS Reporting to a Web application in a self-service portal
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Microsoft C#.Net used to create SSIS modules using SSIS Script Component objects
- Experience backing up and recovering databases
- Experience in FICAM/Identity Management Industry
- Experience operating in traditional and agile project models
- Strong Interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Information systems, business systems, management information systems, IT Management, or other IT degree and a minimum of 8 year of relevant experience
- Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees.
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
Telework options for this position may be discussed with the Program Manager after three months of solid performance on the project.
For more information on this or any other position, chat one-on-one with our recruiters during our weekly virtual chat event every Thursday at 12:00pm EST.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.