The .Net Developer is responsible for the development and implementation of business applications according to user requirements. The individual will need to design, modify, develop, write, test, and implement software applications, as well as, assisting with deployment and support of the software applications. The individual must have practical experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within software development with a focus on web based development with the .net web development stack.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong ability to research problems and conduct analysis of systems/problems.
- Excellent communication skills (Ensure business and IT understanding of strategy and direction, constant follow-up and progress presentations)
- High energy individual with 4+ years developing software on the MS .Net platform
- Understanding of design, code refactoring, and secure coding practices at all system layers.
- Possess strong analytical skills as well as being able to not just research problems and applicable solutions prior to implementation but to also analyze older technologies and code bases as required
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast passed environment.
- Anticipate and understand business expectations, ensure requirements are captured, and risk is addressed across impacted areas.
- Develop and maintain documentation as necessary to ensure effective support/troubleshooting of systems.
- Proactively assess wide variety of tasks, in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business.
- 4+ years of experience with relational database design, MS SQL Server and related technologies
- Must understand and have experience with Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, Web Service technologies (Web API / ReST or WCF / SOAP), and working with service-based architectures.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience/familiarity with Angular2+, CSS3, Angular Material, and .Net Core frameworks.
- Ideal candidate will have experience/familiarity with queuing/messaging frameworks such as RabbitMQ (or equivalent).
- Experience working with SVN/GIT based repositories
- Strong understanding of web development models, standards and practices.
- Understanding and successful implementation of reusable objects and controls.
- Understanding of Financial industry is desired
- Ability to work efficiently and seamlessly within the technology and business domains
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least BS in computer science, engineering or related field
CERTIFCATIONS, LICENSES AND/OR REGISTRATION:
- No minimum requirement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.