Hand-on developer playing a key-role to develop, enhance, debug, support and maintain applications used by Portfolio Managers or supporting functions. Candidate participates and contributes to the design, development and implementation of complex portfolio management applications, often using new technologies. Serves the role of an architect and help review/revisit existing architecture and where needed improvise/reuse existing infrastructure, to accommodate the organic growth within the Advisory business and help displace accounts still on vendor platform(APL), May have the responsibility for a project and project budget. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned associates. Requires 5+ years of experience. Based on the business initiatives will lead projects and direct activities of a team related to the initiative. So we are looking for someone previously serving as a team lead.
Required Skills/ Experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience as a developer in Application Development, designing multi-tiered distributed transactional applications.
• Have a strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts, the .NET framework, relational databases and/or web application development.
• At least 5 years of experience developing desktop based applications using C# and WPF. and SQL Server.
• Very good understanding of databases( SQL Server 2012/2016)
• Experience with RESTful service and UI integration using JSON and AJAX.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline -- OR -- equivalent work experience.
• Strong communication skills with ability to work and collaborate across global teams.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to break down complex problems/ideas and come-up with creative solutions, leveraging the latest of the technologies, where possible.
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects in-parallel and work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team.
Desired Skills/ Experience
• Experience using Agile methodologies
• Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns.
• Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems.
• Participates in the design/development of complex applications while working alongside Portfolio Managers, who are the end-users of the tools we build.
• Experience in test automation and thorough knowledge/experience in all phases of SDLC.
• Ready to step-in and contribute to the technical stack while mentoring and providing the necessary technical guidance to junior members of the team.
Enterprise Role Description
Provide leadership and deep technical expertise in all aspects of solution design and application development for specific business environments. Focus on setting technical direction on groups of applications and similar technologies as well as taking responsibility for technically robust solutions encompassing all business, architecture, and technology constraints. May be responsible for coordinating teams to accomplish development in a matrixed organization. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience
Posting Date: 08/02/2019
Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 2, 1200 AMERICAN BLVD,
- United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift