This position is responsible for developing and coding software used in both assembly and dis-assembly meat manufacturing. This role takes direction from their Supervisor and Sr. Architects to develop software and support existing software.
70% Develop n-tier and client/server applications using expertise principally in VB.NET, C#.NET. & Visual Basic 6
10% Making small functional enhancements to current applications as needed for the business.
10% Provide application support / incident management of issues for a wide variety of internally developed applications. Which includes: participating in a 24x7 on call rotation, working with the facility personnel to resolve issues, involving subject matter experts when needed to solve issues, and helping end users of applications with application training issues.
5% Working with others in the development and support departments to learn systems, infrastructure environment, coding techniques, and other technical subjects.
5% Establish relationships with business partners and development team members to develop a good understanding of the business areas and manufacturing processes.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or I/T related program, OR a minimum of a high school diploma/GED and at least 5 years demonstrated experience in systems development and coding
- Proficient in applying Object Oriented designs to develop code
- Proficient in programming languages like C#.NET
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of databases and SQL, with focus being on Oracle databases.
- Can do impact analysis resulting from a database change.
- Can understand, support, and create stored code (i.e. procedures, triggers).
- Able to trouble shoot problems with connectivity and use of applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team environment
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience in the meat industry
- Experience as architect on small to medium projects
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture concepts to develop code
- Can apply complex design patterns to code in all languages required
- Has ability to develop at an application level
- Can identify design flaws and suggest corrective actions
- Proficient with Object Oriented Design concepts
- Proficient with Service Oriented Architecture design concepts
- Can design processes basis business requirements from scratch
- Can create designs for software requirements basis process requirements from scratch
Other relevant information to the position
- Develop technical skills, debugging and coding in multiple languages
- Experience working with data bases and how they are designed
- Understanding how to make applications work across the various infrastructure layers
- Gain business knowledge working with various meat BU's
- Learn about other business applications by helping to solve problems with interfaces
- Gain leadership skills by making development recommendations to reduce support issues and coaching others.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.