Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Network Analyst/Tech, Sr is a central university office position that supports the configuration, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network services and devices. In the Network Operations Center, he/she will also monitor critical processes for Emory's enterprise-wide systems and applications, monitors data downloads to ensure job completions, and addresses interruptions and failures, and interacts with programmers and requestors to troubleshoot and resolve issues producing errors and interruptions.
- Interacts with others to resolve issues within a timely manner. Applies knowledge of network systems, applications, and network infrastructure to provide technical expertise for network infrastructure designs, expansions and configurations.
- Maintains 24 x 7 coverage and support, including on-call support, to assist with restoring service and maintaining agreed upon service levels.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots network services and devices.
- Interacts with customers to resolve network issues.
- Performs inspections and upgrades.
- Develops and maintains documentation.
- Has strong technical aptitude about troubleshooting and testing activities related to network services.
- Has the aptitude to perform troubleshooting, testing, scripting and coding.
- Assists with systems, provides support without direction, and support modifications/changes to configuration. Reports to the NOC Manager, or the Run or Build Manager of Network Services.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field, and three years of NOC or Engineer experience managing and monitoring network services, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations v3 certification and/or Network Administration certification(s) (CCNA, CCNP, etc) preferred. Familiarity and understanding of network packet analyzer/sniffers or related tools.
- Working knowledge of the command line interface.
- Working knowledge of SMARTS (Ionix), Netcool, Solarwinds, or equivalent systems. Familiarity with DNS BIND, Wireless and VoIP. Senior Network Analysts/Techs in the NOC should have a minimum of 3 years' experience with Control-M and a minimum of 3 years' experience with production support tools (e.g., MVS, Millennium, JES, CICS, $AVRS, VTAM, Siemens Building Facilities tools, etc.).
- Valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.