We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Architect in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Responsible for ensuring that the Unisys Federal strategy for Network and Communication services is efficiently and effectively defined and implemented within the portfolio practice. Provides leadership and creativity in the development and implementation of related services and solutions. Identifies and develops Unisys discriminators that lead to improved margins and win probability with Federal Clients. Function as a thought leader internal and external to Unisys in the LAN/WLAN/WAN/VoIP/UC domains and communicates Unisys capabilities with clients. Assumes a proactive and direct role for developing and cultivating business opportunities and establishing engagements to ensure profitable revenue growth for Unisys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a senior architect, responsible for identifying and developing tools, technology, methods, and service solutions that position Unisys as a recognized leader for our Federal Clients. Leads development of the detailed technical design and architecture for large federal contract opportunities. Collaborate with teaming partners and vendors in integrating their products and services into proposed solutions. Leads and directly supports proposal offer design and proposal writing. Other responsibilities include:
• Designs and integrates leading-edge, business-critical solutions for major, enterprise-wide solutions.
• Provides architectural guidance to support large and complex technical projects, systems integration, and solution implementation.
• Ensures that all architectural artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards; provides architectural review and approval for major solution artifacts and plans.
• Provides leadership and effectively communicates with all levels of management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy.
• Identifies opportunities for asset reuse that reduces overall solution cost and development time.
• Collaborates with business development team to develop technical proposals and work estimates.
• Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with Unisys third-party vendors and other Unisys business units. Leverages these relationships to the best advantage of Unisys in supporting client requirements.
• Presents technology or infrastructure-based papers to major conferences and publishes papers in professional journals and publications. Promotes Unisys’ capabilities by networking with peers in other companies and actively supporting professional organizations and user groups.
• Bachelor's degree and minimum of 15 years’ experience in architecting, engineering, implementing, and operating network and communication solutions.
• Experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts both verbally and in writing.
• Strong technical experience leading the development of complex solutions in the areas of Data/Voice/Video networking, network virtualization, and network security.
• Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols. In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP.
• Experience/knowledge in SDN, NFV, and SDWAN technologies.
• In-depth expertise in network performance monitoring, diagnosis, and analytics solutions.
• Solid understanding of DNS solutions, Active Directory, and other LDAPs solutions.
• Solid experience in PKI and encryption.
• Solid experience with Linux operating system
• Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements.
• Prior experiences in developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions, basis of estimates (BOEs), and Bill of Materials (BOMs).
• Prior experiences in identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
• Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
• Ability to develop Enterprise network infrastructure transformation plan and engineering roadmaps.
• Ability to interface with team members at all levels
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar from an accredited university
• Experienced in cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc.) and Cloud networking
• Prior experience in leading the architectural design and development of network and communication solutions for large Federal Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence Community clients.
• Experience in DevOps and IT configuration automation solutions, such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible, etc.
• Experience with diverse networking technologies (Arista, Juniper, Cisco, Riverbed, etc.)
• Cisco CCIE certification
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.