Customer and Mission: Joint Service Provider (JSP) – The intent of the JSP is to be a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the NCR. By Department of Defense (DoD) Directive, JSP is to be the central source for IT services, and therefore eliminate the requirement for each DoD component to establish, operate and maintain duplicative technology.
This is a great opportunity to affect change by being an integral part of a team of Infrastructure, System, Storage, COOP, Process, Project Management, Cyber Admins and Engineers responsible for providing implementation, monitoring and operations and maintenance of the core enterprise platform services used primarily by the NCR DoD community. You will be providing front seat support with direct impact on the provision of mission operational IT services to tens of thousands of military, government and civilian personnel.
Amongst other mission services the team is responsible for operational server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The team also supports an enterprise storage and backup environment, the Pentagon Facilities network, COOP requirements and support to the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS).
The Senior Network Architect SME shall serve as the knowledge expert for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems. This SME should have proven experience defining system solutions based on client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. This SME must have knowledge of establishing, implementing, and documenting the technology integration or migration strategies.
The candidate must possess knowledge in handling utility systems and technologies in support of the Facilities Services Directorate (FSD) Industrial Control System (ICS) Network.
- a) Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- b) Provide design and implementation support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies
- c) Provide design and implementation support for Storage Area Network (SAN)
- d) Manage all aspects of the project related to systems and technology.
- e) Facilitate collaboration and cooperation with the primary system vendors.
- f) Drive innovative technical solutions to meet the system owner’s functional requirements.
- g) Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, and train transition solutions to operational support.
- h) Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- i) Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements.
- j) Perform independent verification, validation, and project management for current and future projects.
- k) Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF).
- l) Must have a minimum of 7 years of related IT systems experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in an Architecture Role.
- m) Senior knowledge of Microsoft’s infrastructures, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- n) Senior knowledge of TCP/IP network design.
- o) Current, enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Client servers utilizing direct-attached and network-attached storage.
- p) Advanced experience designing, implementing, and managing high availability systems.
- q) Experience with DR solutions and technologies for complex systems.
- r) VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESXi 6.0 or greater, Virtual Center, P2V Tools) design/management/implementation
As the Senior Network Architect SME designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Contract Requirement: Education: Bachelor's in Science degree in Computer Engineering, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems, or have 10 years of documented experience, relevant to this key position1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
GDIT Requirement: Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Top Secret clearance required. Secret may be considered.
**Must possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate.**
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.