Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
The Senior Network Architect SME shall serve as the knowledge expert for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems.
Ready to make a change?
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The candidates must possess knowledge in handling utility systems and technologies in support of the FSD ICS Network within Task 8 PWS 4.
- Experience in implementing solution designs and operating environments that are compliant with all Federal, DoD guidance and policies.
- Experience in implementing software, hardware and communications solutions.
- Experience in the utilization and maintenance of high level system designs, including architectural design documents, diagrams, project plans and milestones.
- Experience working as a Senior IT analyst that covers requirements analysis, system design, project management, and enterprise strategy.
- Strong working knowledge of current server technology to include cloud computing, Blade Server, unified communications and virtualization technology.
- Experience/knowledge in installation, configuration, and administration of Windows environment on Server 2008, Server 2012R2, Server 2016, and Windows 7 and/or 10 operating systems environments similar in size and scope of this order.
Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order.
- 3 or more years’ experience securing Operating Systems to comply with DISA STIGs; network experience configuring and maintaining desktop firewalls and working knowledge of security implications of Windows Group Policy.
- Ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
- Experience interacting with executive level customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- SME should have proven experience defining system solutions based on client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery.
- SME must have knowledge of establishing, implementing, and documenting the technology integration or migration strategies.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related IT systems experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in an Architecture Role.
- Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Provide design and implementation support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies.
- Provide design and implementation support for Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Manage all aspects of the project related to systems and technology.
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation with the primary system vendors.
- Drive innovative technical solutions to meet the system owner’s functional requirements.
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, and train transition solutions to operational support.
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements.
- Perform independent verification, validation, and projec Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF).
- Senior knowledge of Microsoft’s infrastructures, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Senior knowledge of TCP/IP network design.
- Current, enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Client servers utilizing direct-attached and network-attached storage.
- Advanced experience designing, implementing, and managing high availability systems.
- Experience with DR solutions and technologies for complex systems.
- VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESXi 6.0 or greater, Virtual Center, 2 2V tools)design/management/implementation.
Education / Certification Secruity Clearance Requirements
- Bachelor's in Science degree in Computer Engineering, computer information systems, and/or management information systems, or 5 recent years of documented experience relevant to this key position.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or higher
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.