The Senior Business Analyst conducts and manages outcomes of various studies that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending and presenting information for operational and business planning. This position also researches and investigates business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. The analyst will be responsible for tracking and qualifying performance of various provider operations against established Quality and Financial targets, determine performance adherence and assist in the calculation of performance bonus, and be able to interpret and discuss across all levels of management both internally and externally. The analyst will also from time to time help identify areas for medical cost savings and utilization improvements across all markets primarily through cost/process analysis and financial forecasting/modeling.
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Research, retrieve, design and deliver organized analytics and reporting of medical claims
- Develop Quality performance tracking and accountability reports for contracted provider network
- Analyze benchmarking data, reports, processes and measurements for key managed care indicators
- Forecast costs, utilization trends and create financial models using claims and other healthcare data
- Develop/document business, analysis and reporting requirements
- Evaluate and prioritize data changes and enhancements
- Assist in making decisions of considerable impact and consequence involving healthcare expense trends
- Independently interpret data, facts and/or trends
- Develop innovative approaches to achieve deliverables
- Ad Hoc analysis
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as needed
- Reviews current literature and attends training sessions and seminars to keep informed of new developments in the field
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Healthcare Administration or Statistics 3-5 years of professional experience in a data analysis, finance, or accounting role
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Experience with advanced analytics tools
- Ability to interact effectively with different business departments, team members, and external clients at all levels
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency using SQL, MS Access, Tableau and/or Power BI
- Managed Care experience
- Proficient query writing skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Data Analytics
Division: American Health Network
Shift: Day Job