Job ID: ATTJP00032906
Title: Senior Network/Data Engineer
Location: Quincy, WA.
Duration: 12 months
Candidate required to be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
Additional Job details
On-site network engineer in a major data center located in Quincy, WA. This is not a remote support position as the engineer will provide direct equipment and connectivity support for Cisco Nexus equipment.
Please see the managers top 5 required skills:
Top 5 Job Skills
1 Cisco Nexus experience (1yr)
2 Cisco NexOS experience for LAN configuration (1yr)
3 Cisco Catalyst switches (Any)
4 Infrastructure Cabling Fiber/Copper (Any)
5 Data Center On-site (1yr)
Provide highly customized data network operational support, design, engineering and planning for complex global data network and communications projects involving TCP/IP and related protocol connectivity for networks supporting AT&T customers enterprise wide in a 7x24 environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for the management of the interoperability between Cisco and Juniper Layer 3 Platform, through the use of alarm and ticket systems, individual designed customized scripts, customer notification, and Business Partner escalations.
2) Responsible for maintaining routers, switches, and trunk capacity as well as configuration to meet the clients requirements.
3) Responsibilities include providing real time in-depth analysis and real time trouble resolution of incidents associated with the CISCO, Juniper, and associated Operations Support Systems, and Data Communications Network Technology platforms.
4) Advanced WAN troubleshooting on MPLS, point to point, Metro Ethernet networks to include the ability to find and restore latency, intermittent circuit issues, and Quality of Service problems.
5)Datacenter support which requires, the ability to troubleshoot application flows across multiple AT&T managed services, as well as the ability to assist the client with identifying problems within their managed network.
6)Providing support to emerging technologies such as: Load Balancers, Infoblox, Alcatel- Lucent QIP, Blue Cat Networks, Wireless networks, and Layer 3 switches (Nexus).IPSEC VPN, Brocade.
7) Providing support to emerging technologies such as: Load Balancers, Infoblox, Wireless networks, and Layer 3 switches (Nexus).IPSEC VPN, Brocade.
8) Some assignments are customer facing and or may require various certifications (for example Public truest; FCL; Secret security).
9) Knowledge share with peers, leadership and take the necessary steps regarding escalations.