Come join the REI Network team as a Senior Network Engineer. We have some exciting efforts underway – Campus Move, Cloud Connectivity, Mobile Workforce, new SDWAN and many others. We are making significant investments in technology at the co-op, and it is an exciting time to join the team. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will contribute to REI’s success by leading the design, development and implementation of enterprise-wide telecommunications and network infrastructure plans. We are looking for someone who can conduct feasibility studies on strategic and tactical plans for development of new telecommunications or network systems to meet current and projected business needs.
You’ll also evaluate the costs and benefits of proposed and existing Wide Area Network (WAN) services, Internet services or voice services. You’ll use your skills to oversee complex infrastructure network or telecommunications projects, including planning, resource assignment and monitoring. You’ll ensure that it works by monitoring network system state in compliance with current capacity plan guidelines. And if there is an issue, you’ll conduct complex incident management and problem resolution for network and voice systems. You’ll do all of this in a highly collaborative environment while working with the best of our Information Services staff and business personnel in the creation and turnover of solutions for production-level operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 5 years engineering experience or equivalent industry knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of current company Wide Area Network (WAN) or telecommunications environments, specifically with Cisco technology
- Expertise in multiple network or telecommunication systems and network management products
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement
- Experience creating and implementing strategies for complex systems
- Ability in all phases of technical writing for information or infrastructure systems
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in network or telecommunications systems design, implementation and support
- Hands on experience and advanced knowledge of firewalls, IPS/IDS, Palo Alto Network preferred