Senior Network Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
6 month contract to hire opportunity on the cutting edge Campus Network Engineering Team.
We have an immediate need for a senior level network engineer who will specialize in mobility - wireless and remote access. As the technical lead for network engineering in mobility you will be responsible for the overall wireless and remote access strategies, design, implementation and support for mobility for all offices, warehouses and call centers.
Working as part of our Campus Network and Voice team you’ll have tons of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things. The Campus Network team underpins all of our headquarter offices, call centers, and warehouses across the US and abroad. Leave the legacy tech for the history books, no frame relay or controller based WLAN here, we adopt leading tech quickly (Palo Alto, Aerohive, Cisco ACI, Cisco Meraki to name but a few) and continuously push our designs to be stable, high performance, fast to deploy, and efficient to manage. We need smart, talented engineers to grow the network (more offices, more ports, wifi, etc).
What the Campus Network and Voice team does:
- Scales our Corporate Headquarter sites in the USA and Europe to support our growing Business.
- Rapidly rollout new offices, call centers, and warehouses to complement the business growth.
- Smoke out problems and find the root cause of issues and suggest/implement fixes.
- Maintain our wired and wireless infrastructure, by staying up on patches, adding capacity, rolling out new features.
- Design, implement and support our Call Center environment.
- Design, implement and support our Warehouse network environment.
- Design, implement and support our Corporate HQ environments.
- Communicate with internal and external parties to refine requests and create a design/plan to address the true goal (which is not necessarily the same as the request)
We’re looking for sharp, logical, thinkers who find understanding and optimization of networks intrinsically fun and interesting and want to build their career around it. You are someone who embraces having a broad understanding, and enjoys developing a deep knowledge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are empowered to use your technical and business skills to drive large, complex projects from start to finish without oppressive oversight.
- You have a desire to automate everything, even if that means learning new automation and programming languages.
- You possess very strong troubleshooting skills and have a desire to jump in and solve problems.
- You have a curious technical appetite and an aptitude for learning advanced network technologies.
- A bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university is preferred but not required.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with Wireless technologies (G / N / AC) and a deep understanding of RF protocols.
- You know how to design, implement and troubleshoot changing physical environments to keep the wireless network optimized.
- You have strong experience configuring and supporting VPNs (IPSEC and SSL), and NAT.
- You have an understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols in a 24x7 environment.
- You have 5+ years of experience with advanced (Next Generation) network firewalls.
- You are fluid with firewall security policy administration and filter rules i.e. ACLs, IPS/IDS etc.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills.
- You don’t get frustrated when assignments change and you adjust easily to shifting priorities.
- Exposure to VOIP networks and Call Centers, Cisco preferred (CUCM and UCCE).
- Participate in an on-call rotation providing 24/7 support of campus locations.
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude.
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178