TekSynap, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington DCarea that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local governmentagencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package toinclude health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-termdisability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
We areseeking a Senior NetworkEngineer to join our Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) taskorder in Dayton, OH. DLA is an agency ofthe Department of Defense. DLAInformation Operations, Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS), Network &Telecommunications Services (NTS), Local Area Network Branch (NTS-LAN), locatedenterprise wide at multiple DLA locations. This contract is intended to support LAN functions by providing skillsand expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and newtechnologies to the Local Area Network (LAN).
· Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently or under generaldirection on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, programand implement.
· Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WANdata networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to supportvoice and data services.
· Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supportingwide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video and/or wireless services.
· Develops designs and plans for installation of maintenance of telecommunicationssystems from project inception to conclusion.
· Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the informationto be transported.
· Defines the problem and develops system requirements and networkspecifications.
· Closely coordinates with other information system professionalsto ensure proper implementation of network services.
· Develops alternative solutions and backup plans
· Experience with complex applications involving all phases oftelecommunications network design, implementation and analysis.
· Experience in managing complex applications
· Experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation ofvoice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing accessand backbone networks using carrier services or in managing the analysis anddesign of wireless voice or data networks
· Provides technical and administrative direction for personnelresponsible for telecommunications network design, implementation and operationtasks including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to thedesign concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules
· Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major networkinstallations
· Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentationson network progress to colleagues, subordinates and end user representatives
- 10 years of experience in Telecommunications with at least 8 years of local area network experience
- Active Secret clearance – IT-I sensitivity
- U.S. Citizen
- Must have one of the following certifications for meeting the DoD 8570:
- CASP CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
- Must have one of the following Computing Environment certifications:
- CCSE NGX
- CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI
- CCMSE NG with AI
- CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX
- Establish Focus
- Motivational Support
- Empower Others
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Performance Management
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Persuasive Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described hereare representative of those an employee encounters while performing theessential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Dayton, OH
- Type of environment: Office setting
- Noise level: Soft - Medium
- Work schedule: Day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of thisjob, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, orfeel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularlyrequired to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, orcrawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employeeis frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The visionrequirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depthperception, and ability to adjust focus.
ActiveSecret clearance with IT-I sensitivity
Please note this job description is not designed to coveror contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities thatare required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities andactivities may change at any time with or without notice.
In order to provide equalemployment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employmentdecisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap doesnot discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion,sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any othercharacteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). Thisnondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges ofemployment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in allcompany-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions,compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.