TekSynap, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington DCarea that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local governmentagencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package toinclude health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-termdisability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
We are seeking a Senior NetworkEngineer to join our Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) taskorder in Dayton, OH. DLA is an agency ofthe Department of Defense. DLA Information Operations, Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS), Network &Telecommunications Services (NTS), Local Area Network Branch (NTS-LAN), located enterprise wide at multiple DLA locations. This contract is intended to support LAN functions by providing skills and expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and new technologies to the Local Area Network (LAN).
· Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently or under general direction on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program and implement.
· Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WANdata networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
· Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video and/or wireless services.
· Develops designs and plans for installation of maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
· Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
· Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
· Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
· Develops alternative solutions and backup plans
· Experience with complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation and analysis.
· Experience in managing complex applications
· Experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks
· Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation and operation tasks including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules
· Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations
· Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates and end user representatives
- 10 years of experience in Telecommunications with at least 8 years of local area network experience
- Active Secret clearance – IT-I sensitivity
- U.S. Citizen
- Must have one of the following certifications for meeting the DoD 8570:
- CASP CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
- Must have one of the following Computing Environment certifications:
- CCSE NGX
- CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI
- CCMSE NG with AI
- CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX
- Establish Focus
- Motivational Support
- Empower Others
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Performance Management
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Persuasive Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Dayton, OH
- Type of environment: Office setting
- Noise level: Soft - Medium
- Work schedule: Day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active Secret clearance with IT-I sensitivity
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion,sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This non discrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions,compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.