Pier 1 Imports is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to join our team! This person is responsible for planning and designing the network infrastructure under the guidance of the Sr. Network Architect, as well as troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems and providing Tier III support. This senior team member will analyze capacity issues and develop capacity planning models and is responsible for ensuring planned testing activities are executed and for developing network security guidelines.
The Sr. Network Engineer will have regular contact with internal and external customers to include other infrastructure teams and application developers along with other business partners and upper management. They may be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and holidays and will be held accountable for system uptime and availability, adhering to strict configuration guidelines along with accurate and detailed documentation.
Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network problems.
Research, analyze and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
Recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
Network System Design and Implementation:
Design and implement network systems while working under the approval and recommendation of the Sr. Network Architect.
Documentation of network systems.
Train and mentor junior team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
- Prefer certifications include - CNNA/CCNP/CCIE
- Extensive experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7k/5k/2k, 4500, ASR/ISR, ASA, IPS/IDS, TACACS+, Anyconnect.
- Extensive experience working with Palo Alto firewall/IPS/URL filtering is strongly desired. Advanced firewall knowledge is a must!
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide simplified explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors and above.
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying up to 70 pounds
- Minimal travel is required