The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and health of areas of the WAN/LAN environment, mentoring junior engineers, writing implementation plans, planning/managing installation projects, and resolving complex production issues.
- • Design, implementation and maintenance of the LAN/WAN (Voice and Data) networks• Implementation and maintenance of routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers• Implementation and maintenance of security devices• Implementation and maintenance of IP addressing structure• Troubleshooting routing and switching issues• Writing implementation plans• Managing projects and tracking/reporting status to management• Provide and maintain configuration standards for the infrastructure• Create network diagrams • Mentor less experienced engineers on the team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- • Advanced experience with network design, install, configuration, and troubleshooting• Advanced experience with RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RSVP, QoS, and STP• Advanced experience designing and deploying IP Telephony/VoIP solutions• Advanced experience designing and deploying video solutions• Advanced experience with DS0, DS1, DS3, OC-x, PRI, ATM, Frame-Relay, IP, PPP, VPN and TDM• Advanced experience with routers, switches, firewalls and load-balancers• Advanced experience with Internet based data transmission• Must be able to work unsupervised, be well organized, and able to multi-task• Ability to work in a fast paced environment• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a high-pressure environment• Good written and verbal communication skills
- 5 years networking experience
- Availability during evenings and weekends for P1 issues and scheduled change controls
- Availability to provide 24x7 on-call support as scheduled
- Availability for occasional travel to remote offices/data centers
- Availability to support scheduled production code release
- High School Diploma
- • CCIE• Bachelor Degree
Ability to install network/server equipment in a data center environment. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.