Senior Network Engineer
Location: Northlake, TX
Position Type: 3M C2H or Direct-Hire (depending on candidate preference)
Hourly / Salary: BOE!
Travel: up to 10% travel
Vaco Technology is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer for a 6M C2H or Direct-Hire (depending on candidate preference) located in Northlake, TX. The Senior Network Engineer will manage all aspects of the network and communications. The Senior Network Engineer will be involved in the operation and maintenance of the infrastructure / network components to drive efficiency and availability.
- Architect Network by Evaluating Network Performance Issues - Availability / Utilization / Throughput / Goodput / Latency, etc.
- Plan / Execute Selection / Installation / Configuration / Testing of Equipment - Define Network Policies and Procedures / Establish Connections and Firewalls
- Maintain Network Performance - Network Monitoring / Analysis / Performance Tuning, etc.
- Troubleshoot / Resolve Network Issues - Availability / Redundancy / Link Saturation / Remote Site Connectivity / Mobile Device Connection to LAN and WAN / Appropriate Issue Escalation, etc.
- Manage Connectivity Uptime for LAN / WAN
- Secure Network by Developing Network Access / Monitoring / Control / Evaluation / Maintain Documentation
- Upgrade Network by Developing / Testing / Evaluating / Installing Enhancements, etc.
- Develop Network Usage Estimates for SaaS / IaaS / PaaS
- Meet Financial Requirements by Submitting Information for Budget / Monitoring Expenses
- Conduct Briefings / Team Meetings / Participate in Cross-Functional Meetings, etc.
- CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Senior Network Engineer (7+ years)
- Network Architecture - Cloud / Hybrid Cloud Environments
- Virtualization - VMware / vSphere
- Network Technologies - Switching / Routing / QoS / EIGRP / BPG / OSPF / Spanning Tree / MPLS, etc.
- Cisco / Meraki Configuration / Support - Routers / Switches / Wireless Access Points, etc.
- Load Balancer Configuration - F5 / Cisco ACE, etc.
- Data Center Management Across a WAN
- Microsoft Operation Systems (strong knowledge)
PREFERRED (not required)
- CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Firewalls - Cisco ASA