Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverables, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer! This professional may be located in NY, IL, GA, TX, or for the right candidate, we will consider a telecommute opportunity. We are growing and planning to execute a Global Transformation in Network and Data Infrastructure to a Managed Services environment.
* Design, implement and support data communications services, equipment, and networks
* Help drive migration from "on premise" to "cloud hosted" telecommunications services and the global network transformation initiative resulting in a standard, and highly available network for the enterprise
* Manage data communications carriers and suppliers
* Successfully deliver network project and oversee new technology research, service standards development, inventory management, provisioning, and cost control
* Build, maintain, upgrade network systems and infrastructure in field offices and datacenters including LAN/WAN devices, WAN accelerators, firewalls, and load balancers
* Develop and manage projects and technical implementations related to networks, with minimal disruption to clients
* Manage network equipment/services refresh program to help ensure current supported technology is utilized by coordinating with supplier and WK Business Units
* Diagnose and resolve networking issues in a timely fashion
* Monitor metrics around utilization and capacity and recommend changes for improvement
* Work within established configuration and change management framework to ensure awareness, approval, and implementation of network changes
* Research and develop new network services and standards for WAN, LAN, Wireless, ISP and network transport including AVPN MPLS WAN, SDWAN and Metro Ethernet
* Develop technical transformation plans and business cases as needed to foster adoption of new network technologies
* Utilize system administration tools as required to manage, monitor, and maintain network systems
* A minimum of ten years of experience in a technical network or related position with at least five years of experience in a large, global environment preferred
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
* Experience with the following network technology domain areas including but not limited to LAN/ WAN, Internet connectivity, routing protocols, network security, wireless access(WAPS), IP addressing, firewalls, load balancers, remote access services, domains and SSL certificates, extranets, site-to-site VPN, MPLS network, VoIP, unified communications, QOS, WAN optimization and/or SIP
* Experience in many of the following areas; operational awareness, strategic planning, define and track standards, optimize network availability, develop and evolve technical solutions, upgrade and refresh plans, emerging technologies, new service development, innovation, designs and diagrams
* Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, concepts and application in production environments including DNS, DHCP, FTP, and NTP;
* Strong working knowledge of network sniffers and probes and packet analysis, application delivery controllers and load balancers, and wireless technologies and performance optimizations
* Ability to travel up to 20%
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled