Job Title: Power BI Developer
Location: Malden / Boston, MA(Only Locals)
Duration: Long Term
- Migrate existing Cognos reports to Power BI Report Server.
- Designs and develops reporting solutions in Microsoft Power BI based on business requirements.
- Provides expertise in data visualization and graphical report design.
- Actively participates in upgrade and migration projects from legacy to Power BI.
- Defines and follows Power BI development best practices.
- Works closely with Product Owners and data development teams to drive requirements to completion.
- Works closely with Power BI report users to tune and optimize Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Maintains and supports existing business intelligence solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of industry standards, best practices and upcoming product releases, with a focus on MS Azure solutions.
- Mentors other developers in utilizing the tools to the best of their abilities.
- Develops and oversees monitoring systems to measure usage and ensure operational stability.
- Capability to define innovation in Power BI space.
- Creates and maintains documentation to support the full software development lifecycle.
- Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts.
- Assist with building Data Analytics enterprise models using Microsoft technologies including Power BI, SSAS, AAS, and data flows.
- Assist with the design and development of cubes and metadata using best practices.
- Design, implement and support a platform providing ad-hoc access to large datasets.
- Strong working experience with data lake reporting layers.
- 5+ years’ experience creating complex reports, dashboard applications, and scorecards.
- 5+ years’ Advanced experience with MS Power BI connection types including ODI.
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL, with proven ability to write efficient queries.
- 2+ years’ experience with other BI Tools including Cognos.
- Experience writing reports over various data sources including Oracle, and SQL Server databases.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to concisely and effectively communicate across teams.
- Solid understanding of data modeling concepts.
- Experience in creating SSAS tabular models.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests.
- Ability to follow processes and execute project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Proven ability and desire to grow technical skill set.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- A strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail, and excellent time-management skills.
- Extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience to connect to and transform data in Power BI.
- Experience producing Power BI data models and recommending best practices for the creation of reports and graphics/visualizations.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence solution data modeling, data mart and data warehouse architecture.
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
Please email your resume for consideration to Click here to Apply/ Sivar AT kyyba . com
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, Kyyba has a global presence delivering high-quality resources and top-notch recruiting services, enabling businesses to effectively respond to organizational changes and technological advances.
At Kyyba, the overall well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We are proud of our work culture which embodies our core values; incorporating value, passion, excellence, empowerment, and happiness, creates a vibrant and productive atmosphere. We empower our employees with the resources, incentives, and flexibility that they need to support a healthy, balanced, and fulfilling career by providing many valuable benefits and a balanced compensation structure combined with career development.
Kyyba is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kyyba does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Business Intelligence Developer / Architect