We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Network Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Network Engineer with experience working in highly available Data Center environments. As the Engineer you will oversee the installation of networking hardware in addition to maintaining, supervising and troubleshooting the existing network. Network administrators work to install and maintain a network on which a company's information and communications are stored and transmitted. This could include local area networks (LANs) and wireless Internet networks. Cisco administrators have experience specifically in Cisco software and technology products. When a problem arises, the administrator must work quickly to determine a solution and maintain the system's security. Cisco administrators also monitor the company's network and let their superiors know about any emerging requirements or necessary updates.
Working under the direction of the Network Operations Manager/Network Architect; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
Duties will include:
• Installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Routers, L2 and L3 Switches, Firewalls, WAN Accelerators, Load balancers, etc.
• Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
• Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
• Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
• Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
• Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
• Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
• Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
• Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
• Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
• Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
• Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
• Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years experience
• 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco 9k/7k/5k/2k/1k, Data center SDN
• 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco ACI
• 1-3 years direct experience with Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC)
• Experience with REST architecture, JSON scripting
• 3 years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, etc. in a high-availability infrastructure
• 3+ experience with layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc.
• 3+ years of experience with IP subnetting
• 2+ years of experience with layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
• 2+ years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
• 3+ years of experience with access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
• 2+ years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product line including Load-balancing, iRules and SSL termination.
Extensive knowledge of data center technologies, infrastructure and methodologies
• Experience in DNS
• Experience working in structured change management processes
• Cisco Operating Systems such as IOS and/or NX-OS
• Experience with F5 LTM and GTM
• Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
• Strong organizational / coordination skills
• US Citizenship
Desired Certifications: CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
Desired Experience: Integrating Networks into the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure
Full BI Required Prior To Start
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.