The Senior Network Engineer in the Global Engineering team will be responsible for the design, implementation, and escalation support of ABM’s global telecommunications network. This will include the engineering of solutions as well as environments that allow us to meet business demands within a complex global infrastructure with a focus on stability, scalability, and innovation. The primary focus of this position is to provide unified wireless design, implementation, and optimization solutions for enterprise users (and guests) wireless LANs.
Major Focus Areas
- Global Network Engineering is responsible for providing secure LAN, WAN, wireless, and collaboration services between all ABM Industries locations including data centers, regional, and remote sites.
- The network engineer will lead and participate in the design, implementation, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and services. This includes (but not limited to) routers, security appliances, network switches, wireless infrastructure, and network monitoring tools.
***In addition to regularly scheduled hours and responsibilities, Network Engineers are frequently required to assist on special projects and emergencies. This includes regularly scheduled evening or early morning maintenance and emergency response at any time (24x7). These additional responsibilities are an essential function of the job and are required to insure continuous operations and minimize disruption to end-users.
- Design, plan, and implement all aspects of the network infrastructure, supporting medium to large size offices
- Collaborate with team members and various groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions, and policy recommendation
- Ensure continued smooth operation of the global network infrastructure, working to minimize network downtime and the effects of downtime users by scheduling needed maintenance or upgrades to provide minimal disruption of service to users.
- Proactively monitor and analyze network performance to detect and resolve issues, and perform stringent network testing before implementing solutions
- Support internal application groups by identifying and presenting network-impacting requirements to other members of the network engineering team
- Perform configuration, upgrades, and deployment of routers and switches for all store locations
- Plan and maintain the highly technical, logical network configuration of routers, switches, Wi-Fi access points associated with network traffic
- Lead network projects, including the installation of new network hardware or software, and network configuration and design
- Support the Service Desk with troubleshooting circuit, equipment and network issues and be the senior resource to assist with resolving critical/high impact customer issues
- Present solutions and make recommendations to departmental leadership
- Document timely status updates and accurately document problem resolution
- Research and evaluate emerging technology for future applications
- Participate in the rotating “on call” schedule with other team members, providing third-tier support, solving the more complex networking trouble
- Provide guidance, work direction, and information to other technical network employees
- Assist other Network Engineers on projects, performing various tasks as required
- Ability to effectively articulate complex ideas/networking concepts through a business lens
- Additional duties as assigned