Responsible for the support of the Clinic's Local Area Network and Wide Area Network and phone systems.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design and deploy and maintain functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
2. Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
3. Monitor network performance, integrity and track metrics
4. Keep network devices updated to reduce vulnerabilities
5. Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
6. Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
7. Mentor team members on technical issues
8. Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
9. Communicate with users when needed
10. Maintain complete technical documentation
11. Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
Other Essential Duties May Include (but are not limited to):
12. Coordinates purchase of hardware and software as directed by his/her supervisor.
13. Performs some training of users of networked software
14. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Experience managing Cisco firewalls and VPN technologies
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, others)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed. Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Adheres to clinic’s policies and procedures.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Cisco current CCNA certification is required.
- Avaya IP office
- Knowledge with installed PC software is desirable
- CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, and MCSE certification is beneficial.
- Healthcare network architecture experience a plus.