Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for creating, communicating as well as ensuring adherence and support to the company’s enterprise-wide datacenter networking architecture design, principals, guidelines and solutions. As a Sr. network engineer, you will also be responsible for advancing IT network infrastructure architecture in support of business & IT strategy, developing technology roadmaps and blueprints to meet architectural goals. The Sr. Network Engineer must collaborate and support architecture and the application support teams during - system design, development and implementation phases.
- Must have AWS experience
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Provide Architecture, Design, & Implementation large-scale datacenter network infrastructure, which hosts revenue generating on-line gaming applications, and web sites.
- Involved in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects, assuring and resolving adherence to enterprise-wide solutions.
- Supports adherence to relevant SOX, PCI, ITIL, corporate security or other applicable compliance standards ·
- Maintains strong understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends including the next generation datacenter network infrastructure (SDN, CLOS-based network architecture and cloud enabled networking, Azure ExpressRoute and VPN Connectivity, NSX etc.…).
- Provide network design guidance, research technical issues; Conduct proof-of-concept exercises to validate concepts and assumptions.
- Provide consultation on Cloud and F5-centric Load Balancing services (General LTM/ASM/APM and iRules, as well as provide guidance on use of SNAT) · Create technical design document for networking solutions that include network operations and configuration standards.
- Proposes, recommends and implements improvements in terms of technology, services/products/options, pricing plans and costs, or policies and procedures; · Proposes alternative methods for improving performance and/or reliability of the existing network infrastructure.
- Mentor senior technical members Act as escalation engineer for technical and operational issues. 7x24 On-call responsibility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned Who Are the Other Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have 5+ years of network engineering experience including extensive knowledge of Cisco switches and routers; specifically, Nexus, ASR and Catalyst · Must have 2+ years of experience with Cisco Nexus (7k/5k/2k as well as 9k) platforms.
- Must have 5+ years experiences with various vendors switches, routers, load balancers, security devices and working with various network service providers.
- Must have In-depth knowledge of Cisco’s Fabric Path Ethernet Technology and Internet routing protocol; specifically, BGP, OSPF, and IS-IS · Must have extensive experience in the zero-downtime datacenter network infrastructure planning and deployment.
- Must have extensive experience designing and implementing both the hierarchical tree and leaf-spine datacenter network.
- BA/BS degree desired or equivalent year-for-year work experience ITIL v3 Foundation training or certification desired CCDA/CCDP preferred Travel Requirements (% of time per year) Less than 5%