EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
EBSCO Information Services, the leader in innovative digital content, is searching for a Cloud Security Engineer. This engineer will help facilitate the secure transformation of all customer-facing services and web application development environments to our AWS public cloud offerings. This job will focus on devising and implementing security controls in both traditional and cloud-native environments as well as assisting in security incident response and risk mitigation. EBSCO is migrating toward managing AWS Infrastructure as Code, and therefore, previous experience with AWS CloudFormation and/or Hashicorp Terraform is desired (our new reference architecture only allows changes via code without the need for routine manual changes). This is a hands-on role and a strong scripting background and previous cybersecurity experience is strongly desired.
- Engineering security solutions in both traditional and cloud-native environments
- Implementing and maintaining security controls in a cloud-based DevOps software development practice
- Influencing, shaping and communicating the security vision for the organization
- Cybersecurity Incident Support (Logs and Evidence Gathering, Analysis of Evidence, Remediation)
- Regulatory Compliance Engineering
- Cyber Threat Intel Management
- Cyber Incident Response
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of related IT security experience
- Strong scripting skills and experience writing scripts to manage infrastructure (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Python, Puppet, etc.)
- A solid understanding of DevOps development lifecycle and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) methodologies.
- A solid understanding of AWS Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud environment security is highly desired.
- AWS-specific skills (Networking: Route53, Direct Connect, etc.) and (Security: WAF, Config, CloudWatch, etc.) desired but not required.
- Ability to succeed in a diverse, fast-moving environment. Strong self-starting skills.
- Security Governance Certifications a plus (CISSP, CISM, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC)
- Strong understanding of the Agile Development Framework
- Experience in the areas of information security architecture, network access controls, Security Event Management, intrusion detection & remediation and perimeter security.
- Experience defining, implementing, and engineering network environments compliant with information security policies, procedures and standards. Examples include:
- Experience with industry standard compliance frameworks (HIPAA, COPPA, GPDP, FedRAMP, ISO27001, etc).
Important things that you will bring to our culture, but things that we can’t teach:
Drive - Positive Attitude - Good Judgement - Open Communication – Collaboration – A Desire to Make an Impact - Eager to Understand – Accountability – Decisiveness – You’re a Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment:Network, Engineer, Network Engineer, Compliance, Cloud, Technology, Engineering, Legal