ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Network Virtualization Engineer requiring a Public Trust located in [Washington, DC]. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. In this role, you will be responsible for providing network architecture design and engineering support to help civilian and DOD clients move to a SDN enterprise infrastructure. In this position you will be responsible not only for the design but the configuration and implementation of the SDN for clients.
As the Senior Network Virtualization Engineer you will work with team of network engineers supporting a converged enterprise network infrastructure to configure hardware and software based products to build out the SDN for on-premise and cloud infrastructure network environments. You will build as-is and to-be network topology diagrams using Visio and use other network infrastructure tools for building network design documents.
What is in it for you?
- The ability to provide technical leadership and support to a knowledgeable plus successful engineering support team for civilian clients.
- Work on exciting new emerging technologies and resolving challenges to implementing these emerging technologies for federal and DOD clients.
- Support a rewarding and flexible environment that supports limited but scheduled telework days in conjunction with working with vendor latest technologies through vendor support lab access.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and developing SDN architectural design documents that supports MPLS WAN, MAN, and LAN infrastructure environments moving to SDN environment.
- Create technical planning documents and presenting those planning documents at technical review boards for network infrastructure design changes.
- Performing technical review and configuration analysis of enterprise infrastructure appliances, devices, and equipment to build design strategies for implementing SDN for clients.
- Configuration and possible troubleshooting along with operational support maybe required in support of clients network infrastructure environment.
The position requires strong technical experience with network architecture designing and implementation of SDN networks. Ideal candidate will have strong technical understanding of converged MPLS networks with WAN, MAN, and LAN architecture.
The candidate is required to have experience with Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, AWS, and Azure.
Certifications: CCNP Cloud, VCP6-NV
5 to 7 years leading federal and/or DOD agencies integration to enterprise SDN infrastructures.
Certifications: AWS Certified Solution Architect-Professional, VCDX6-DCV
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.