WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
Sigma Science Inc. is a growing Engineering and Technology company focused on making the world safer, cleaner, and more secure through engineering, innovation, and science. We have over 23 years of experience providing cutting edge solutions to our customers’ most technically challenging problems. Join our dynamic team as one of our industry recognized experts in a wide variety of technical fields including Software Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Technology, & Nuclear Engineering.
The Senior Nuclear Safety Analyst will work in Aiken, South Carolina to integrate safety into nuclear facility processes at all levels, addressing all types of work and all types of hazards to ensure protection of workers, the public, and the environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Support the development, review, and implementation of safety documentation for various facilities for Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS) at the Savannah River Site (SRS). Provide technical assistance in developing safety documents and analyses, safety controls, and related technical support documentation. Ensure that the safety documentation is developed in compliance with federal requirements and M&O operating processes and procedures Specific tasks may include:
- Providing project lead and development support of Documented Safety Analyses (DSAs), including Hazards Analysis and Accident Analysis using federal standards such as 10 CFR 830, DOE STD 3009, DOE STD 1189, DOE STD 1186, and DOE HDBK 3010.
- Routine use and knowledge of nuclear safety software (eCHAP, Insight, MELCOR) as needed.
- Routine development and review of Unreviewed Safety Question Determinations, including Potential Inadequacy of the Safety Analysis (PISAs), Justifications for Continued Operations (JCOs), and Evaluations of the Safety of the Situation (ESSs).
- Developing and implementing Technical Safety Requirements (TSRs).
- Leading and actively participating in hazards analysis processes, including hazard identification and hazard evaluation meetings.
WHAT YOU NEED (Minimum Requirements):
- BS/BA Engineering degree with 10 - 15 years of related experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of recent experience in the nuclear safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry.
- Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree.
- Previous experience in leading, developing, reviewing, maintaining, and implementing nuclear safety basis documents in accordance with 10 CFR 830, DOE O 420.1C, DOE Standard 3009, DOE STD 1189, and/or DOE Standard 5506.
- Previous experience developing and implementing TSRs.
- Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work; and proficiency in performing Safety Program assessments.
- Experience with the DOE STD 1189 requirements for new HC-2/HC-3 nuclear facilities.
- Recent working experience with Hazard Evaluation software such as eCHAP and Insight.
- Position requires an active DOE Q or DOD TS security clearance.
Sigma Science Inc. (SSI) is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at SSI. We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.