Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is presently recruiting a Senior Offshore Integrity Management Engineer to support our Asset Performance Optimization (APO) team in Houston, TX.
This is an opportunity to take a lead role in engineering design activities and in-service consultancy activities related to Mechanical Integrity for subsea and topsides O&G systems (pipelines, risers, umbilicals, Xmas trees, manifolds, structures, control systems, topsides piping and vessels). The Senior Offshore Integrity Management Engineer will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on major engineering projects, as well as Integrity Management programs for operating facilities.
- Development of integrity management strategies and schemes, anomaly management, risk-based inspection planning and review, and studies into all aspects of subsea and topsides integrity management, in response to client requirements;
- Development of standards and procedures for supporting the Integrity Management Systems;
- Ensure integrity-related projects are meaningful in providing ongoing integrity assurance and adding value with respect to life of assets;
- Develop risk-based inspection methodology and subsequent Inspection & Maintenance routines for subsea and topside systems;
- Define scopes for inspection, testing, monitoring and maintenance of subsea production systems and topsides pressurized systems including internal and external inspections by development of workpacks;
- Review inspection data, identify/determine prioritization of anomalies, and define appropriate engineering assessments and remediation;
- Liaise with specialized engineering disciplines for resolution of integrity related concerns that represent a threat to continued safe operations and production for the client;
- Interface with clients to present/validate integrity program related activities;
- Keep up to date on the commercial availability of innovative inspection technologies.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Petroleum or Subsea Engineering;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in integrity management of offshore oil and gas equipment including inspection and monitoring activites
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with subsea and topsides equipment degradation, including corrosion, erosion, environmental cracking, fatigue, etc. is required
- Experience in the design of offshore equipment (pipelines, risers, "Xmas trees", etc.) highly desirable
- Ability to work effectively across technology functions and within multi-disciplinary teams (mechanical design, flow assurance, fabrication, production, maintenance, inspection);
- Willingness to engage with and build relationships; anticipate, interpret and deliver client requirements;
- Experience with inspection integrity management databases (e.g., NEXUS, COABIS, PCMS, etc.);
- Familiarization with CMMS systems such as SAP, Maximo;
- Willingness to develop a wide range of skills and flexibility to work on a variety of projects;
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.