Job Title: Senior Operations Engineer, Process
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
To achieve our mission, we believe in investing in our people and strive to build and retain the strongest workforce in our industry. We encourage our team members to learn, grow, and develop personally and professionally. Begin your next journey at STERIS by exploring this and other career opportunities.
Provide the manufacturing floor with Engineering support for current products and perform as liaison between Product Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Perform as liaison between Product Engineering and the Manufacturing floor to train on new processes, resolve problems, or identify additional requirements to existing processes.
- Evaluate, develop and maintain manufacturing process specifications
- Evaluate, identify and/or resolve tooling/fixture/process/gauging/assembly needs as required to maintain production and essential quality requirements.
- Perform product cost estimations and evaluations of alternative production methods.
- Identify, evaluate, and perform Capital Equipment Justifications based on needs of manufacturing.
- Develop/maintain time standards utilizing current adopted facility policy.
- Develop facility layouts based on workflow, production requirements, cost, equipment, and Associate safety.
- Special project management as assigned.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending appropriate seminars, membership in associations, and subscription to publications.
- Train new and other Engineering Associates as required
- Function in Supervisory and/or Manager role when appropriate
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or any related discipline.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design and personal computer applications required.
- Minimum of 8 years of applicable experience
- Knowledge of metal fabrication; conventional and CNC Machining, assembly and paint processes and tools; capital equipment justification preparation; manufacturing systems.
- Must possess Excellent leadership, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Experience with strict Regulatory and code agency compliance
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience required
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Medical, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Healthcare, Operations