Title: Sr. Operations Manager
Location: Bethlehem, PA
ShipBob’s mission is simple: provide world-class fulfillment to ecommerce sellers big and small.
With $60M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Hyde Park Venture Partners, we are ready for a new team member to help us reach the next level.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Operations Manager for our Bethlehem, PA Fulfillment Center to assign and direct process work performed in the city and to supervise specific areas of operation. You will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper departmental operation. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievements.
At ShipBob, we’re looking for individuals who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
- Direct several operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, and recruiting
- Manage several aspects of day-to-day city operations
- High focus on the customer, ensuring that we deliver and meet their expectations
- Responsible for your city’s performance KPIs. Identify and track key city level metrics and plan continuous improvement efforts for your city
- Use data driven reports and analyses to identify avenues for continuous improvement and propose solutions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Hire, train, coach and motivate employees in your city. You will be responsible for setting the team’s goals and managing them
- Share knowledge with other cities and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- 6+ years of leadership experience
- Facility Start-Up experience
- Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, General Management or a related field, preferred
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Referral Bonus Program
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.