Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Teledyne Brown Engineering (TBE) is hiring a senior Operations Research Analyst to provide expertise related to a wide range of problem sets in industrial engineering, operations research, systems engineering, data science, and analytics. The senior OR Analyst will provide leadership and oversight to other analysts and ensure the scientific integrity of our work.
The senior OR Analyst will apply knowledge and techniques from the fields of systems engineering, decision analysis, reliability engineering, and data analysis to support the design, development, and verification and validation of modeling and simulation software.
The senior OR Analyst will use knowledge of the fields of systems modeling, system simulation, mathematical optimization, and data science to conduct, direct and supervise analyses for the Naval Health Research Center and other organizations. The analyst will interface with customers and the software development team, develop and execute analysis plans, author technical reports and presentations, present results to customers and at professional conferences, directly support customers with onsite analysis and model development, and occasionally provide training or software support to external users. Additionally, the senior OR Analyst will provide oversight and leadership for projects primarily conducted by more junior analysts.
- Conduct and direct studies to assess the medical supportability of specific tactical concepts of operation (usually by building simulation models of possible medical networks to support the operation and testing those networks against the casualty estimates of the operation).
- Conduct and direct the development of linear programs or other optimization methods in various applications
- Conduct and direct systems engineering tasks to design new analysis tool components, then interfacing with the software development team to ensure correct implementation of the design.
- Conduct and direct literature-based research to inform modeling
- Conduct and direct analysis of data sets to inform simulation model random processes
- Develop web-based data visualization dashboards (R Shiny) to communicate analysis to customers.
- Conduct and direct the development system models in commercial simulation software packages (Simio) to asses staffing levels, equipment availability, and other aspects of medical treatment facility operations.
*This position requires the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance to the level of "Secret"*
Education and Experience
Applicants must have a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a similar program and 15 years of work experience; or an MS degree with 13 years of experience.
The position may require approximately 10% travel. Must be able to perform tasks individually, as well as part of a team.
Candidates must possess:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including data visualization.
- A robust understanding of basic statistical theory and common applications relevant to simulation modeling.
- A robust understanding of modeling and simulation principles.
- Education or experience using discrete event simulation models or commercial simulation software such as Arena, Simio, ProModel, etc.
- Basic proficiency with relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as R, Python, Perl, MATLAB, etc.
- Excellent data manipulation skills (restructuring, parsing).
Desirable Skills and Characteristics:
- Basic familiarity or experience with machine learning algorithms (neural networks, gradient boosting, random forests, etc.).
- Education or experience using commercial or open source optimization software such as GAMS, CPLEX, Pyomo etc.
- Knowledge of software development concepts (object oriented programming, development lifecycles).
- Advanced Excel knowledge (VBA, array formulas).
- Familiarity with regular expressions