A San Francisco Bay Area based thin film coating and precision optics company is looking for senior optics manufacturing staff. This person should be able to run machines and manufacture parts based on customer's specifications.
Develop/Improve processes and techniques for blocking, grinding, lapping and polishing lenses, prisms and windows.
Assist with scheduling of production to meet delivery date.
Develop production instruction and routers for operators
Perform inspection of optics surface quality and optical performance per customer specification.
Manage a group of 5 people and in charge of projects.
Required experience and skills:
- Optics element manufacturing experience for windows, prisms and lenses
- Materials: Fused silica, N-Bk7, color glass, ZnSe,
-Tools: Double side polishing tools and pitch polishing
- Be able to read customer specification and layout production process steps
- Handy with tools and know basic computer skills
- Prefer ISO manufacturing company experience
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Good at team work
- Prefer CNC machine experience but not required
- Good communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Education: AA degree
Job Type: Full-time